PDA

View Full Version : C-172 Rebuild

Heli-Ice
11th May 2005, 20:46
I am rebuilding an old Skyhawk and where else to search for information than in this fountain of wisdom. :ok:

Can anyone of you guys/gals tell me if the interior of a new C-172 fits straight into a 1978 C-172N?

Do the seats fit straight in or do the seat rails have to be modified?

If anyone of you have done this or know someone who has, I would appreciate comments from you.

Speedtape
12th May 2005, 20:29
I seriously doubt whether much from the new Cessna range will fit a 1978 model. Best bet is to ask a cessna dealer directly.

As I See It
12th May 2005, 21:01
I doubt that the interior will fit, you stand a chance with the back seat, but I would put money on it that the front seats won't fit the seat track correctly. The door panels will more than likely be different, but you may stand a chance with the rear panels and and I would venture that the rear parcel shelf/bulkhead is completely different.
I would suggest trying to get hold of an interior from a 78 Cessna, try Paul Nelson, in Caterham he is an aircraft breaker and may have an interior on the shelf. I believe his number is: 01883 340062.

Hope this helps:ok:

Again, this is As I See It

ZIP TY
14th May 2005, 11:39
G'day Heli-ice
The seats definatly will not fit unless you change the tracks. These are completely different and would normally require an engineering order to change over.
As for the linings, the new one piece roof lining is a pain for maintenace as access for cable inspections is difficult. For the window surrounds there are after market mouldings available, these are normally pretty good and about 1/2 - 1/3 the price of genuine Cessna ones.

Good Luck

Heli-Ice
15th May 2005, 20:26
Thank you all very much for the information. :ok: