PDA

View Full Version : Air Scotland to Iraq????

benedictus
11th May 2005, 19:14
I got in from work today and my wife told me that she heard an interview with one of the Air Scotland chaps on radio4 and that they were looking at starting flights to Iraq as soon as it was possible.

Anyone else know anything about this?
Nothing heard at work (I work at GLA)

Richard Taylor
12th May 2005, 08:00
Funding from a certain G Galloway Esq :rolleyes:

Baghdad on a 20+ yr old Tristar...EEEK!

:uhoh:

Will Air Scotland arm it to protect against insurgents? :hmm:

Seriously there must be lots of issues to overcome before these flights ever depart?

Not least the Iraqi security situation?

The country isn't exactly stable yet,nor looks likely to be in the months ahead.

newscaster
12th May 2005, 13:47
I dont think people flying to Iraq will be quality concious, as long as they get decent service on a widebody aircraft it will work.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=461872005

Meeb
12th May 2005, 16:05
Absolute cr@p... why anyone would want to give this excuse for an airline any bandwith is beyond belief... :mad:

This sordid little company will start to operate widebodies around the same time I walk on the moon... :rolleyes:

Mister Geezer
12th May 2005, 16:35
They have already used widebody aircraft. Remember the 767-300 from Air Holland?

Dash-7 lover
12th May 2005, 16:39
mmmm Glasgow or Baghdad. There's a question? I can just hear the PA......... '' Ladies and gentlemen - we shall soon be arriving at George Bush (Galloway) International airport. Please make sure your seatbelts are fastened, armrests down, blinds closed, reading lights switched off.... and brace yourselves for the steep approach darlins coz it's gonna be fun!''

silverknapper
12th May 2005, 17:03
And thats coming back to Glasgow!

LGS6753
13th May 2005, 16:51
Isn't it going to be a bit confusing, flying from Glasgow (Galloway) to Baghdad (Galloway)?:}

girt big un
13th May 2005, 19:45
Great news the Scottish or is it the Greeks with their Iraqui investor are going to fly to Iraq in a Tristar.

Wrong.

I didnt know that Iraq had joined the EU so I dont think that if there is business flying to Iraq from the UK that we in the UK airline industry will allow it. Remember 5th freedom.

Of course the main man could set upsome spive Iraqui AOC and sub service Air "what the hell are they called " for a limited period.

But is the new Iraqui government going to want to see an airservice with a geriatric Tristar.

Maybe the main man will rent a Portugues Tristar with Greek Pilots and mixed Arab and Glaswegian cabin crew. It would be the like the UN. Never on time, full of arguments and ineffective but the fights would be great at the night stops.

I cant wait to buy my ticket

newscaster
19th May 2005, 13:13
Investor? I thought the owner is an Iraqi immigrant.