PDA

View Full Version : Where are Alpha 1 Airways

Whirley
11th May 2005, 16:10
Just wondering what has happened to them???

mcdhu
11th May 2005, 16:24
.........or even Amber 1 !!

Cheers,
mcdhu

Buster the Bear
11th May 2005, 19:36
What fun, flying in a Jetscream from Oxford to Cambridge in the FIR and after Brize, no radar service untill close to Cambridge!

I hope the flight deck have razor sharp eye sight, especially around the Cranfield hold!

Buster makes the assumption that the flight will not operate via the airways system to save time and money?

http://static.zsl.org/images/width150/bear-04-web-305.jpg

huggybear
11th May 2005, 23:39
Spoke to Martin yesterday and everything seems to be ticking along nicely. They got some new investment last month and have some exciting plans which I'm sure we'll hear about in due course.

Konkordski
12th May 2005, 08:44
Last I heard they were going to use Jetstreams instead of their original Pipers.

ProfJackRabbit
12th May 2005, 10:54
Martin is paying the price of publicity.
Some of the people, who got involved/agreed to provide finance didn’t realise his age and even though they thought he was a bit young, thought he was a front for more experienced management.
Then an 18 year old starting his own airline hits the national and international news… and you know the rest.

huggybear
12th May 2005, 10:55
That's right Konkordski. The first batch of pilots are preparing to start their type ratings on the Jetstreams quite soon I believe.

ProfJackRabbit, that is totally rubbish! I\'ve met Martin and his team and indeed was part of it in the early stages. The new investors know Martin well and did so before they agreed to invest. The original launch didn\'t even require any investment, all of the funds came from Martin, it is only since they decided to launch with an expanded operation last month that they have sought investment. In fact, Martin\'s age and the publicity surrounding it, backed up by a very sound business plan meant that finding the funding was a pretty easy process by all accounts from what I can work out.