PDA

View Full Version : KLM City hopper business class

Fernando_Covas
11th May 2005, 15:13
I am booked to fly KLM from CWL-AMS-BOS and I have taken the option to upgrade to business class. The long haul sector is by Northwest so I have seen what their seats are like. However it has been a long time since I flew with KLM so have they fitted any better seats to the small fokkers or are they the same throughout??

Nobend
11th May 2005, 16:41
Fly regularly out of MAN to AMS and onward in business and sorry to say KLM have cr@p seating and space in their Fokkers.

Avman
12th May 2005, 13:27
Unless things have changed in the past week, as far as I am aware KLM Cityhopper does not provide a Business Class cabin on their services. This will be mentioned in your reservation. The only "extra" you will get is that if your are booked in KLM/NORTHWEST Business Class on the intercontinental sector you will be seated in one of the first rows of the connecting Cityhopper flight.

Fernando_Covas
12th May 2005, 15:19
So I get the same type of seat as the economy people? Yet KLM take charge me a business class fare.....!

Avman
12th May 2005, 18:18
No, actually you don't pay any more for the CityHopper sector. In fact you will find that you pay LESS flying CWL-AMS-BOS-AMS-CWL than a poor Dutchman flying Business Class AMS-BOS-AMS. Consequently, your CWL-AMS-CWL sectors are FREE so to speak. Hope that puts a :D on your face ;)

Hmm, should have checked before submitting the above, as it seems that what I said is not the case from CWL (it can depend on whether there's competition on the routes concerned). However, checking on KLM's website, I calculated that you are getting your CWL-AMS-CWL sector for about 60% of the unrestricted ECONOMY fare. So, you're still gaining.