PDA

View Full Version : JB Topics

Tonic Please
11th May 2005, 13:31
Having read the Rules of Engagement for JB, I laughed at the first one.

The focus of this board is aviation. You're welcome to participate even if you don't aviate, but do not abuse the courtesy extended to you by the board's principal users. Aviation related subjects that don't fit the other forums is the aim here.

I have read 1 aviation related thread here, and thats about it being sane or not to be a pilot.

:confused:

airship
11th May 2005, 13:38
But anybody who's coughed up for a "personal title" can post whatever they want on JB Tonic Please! I know this must come as some surprise for someone who prefers joy-riding on public transportation. Rules can be so confusing... ;)

Tonic Please
11th May 2005, 13:39
Hehe, I'm glad someone picked up on my toungue in cheek post.

It's simply because no posts here are really aviation related..yet its the first rule.

Strange.

airship
11th May 2005, 13:47
Pilots also...like to (in no order at all): ;)

talk about anything to do with skirts, shorts or tights,
drive cars, get caught on radars and seek to avoid speeding tickets,
complain about the taxman, their politicians, government, the EU etc.,
share a joke,
or even just waffle on about the 1st thing that comes to mind...well, don't they?!
:uhoh:

Tonic Please
11th May 2005, 14:03
:} Which does not technically tie in with rule one - maybe it should be changed!

airship
11th May 2005, 14:34
Change the rules?!

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight the cheapskates in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our PPRuNe, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this website or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the PPRuNers throughout the rest of the world, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

The mods would have given their right arm to have come up with that response... :p Uhmmm... :uhoh:

McAero
11th May 2005, 14:38
Airship,

talk about anything to do with skirts, shorts or tights,

What about short,tight skirts...........:E

Jerricho
11th May 2005, 16:13
"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight the cheapskates in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our PPRuNe, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this website or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the PPRuNers throughout the rest of the world, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

Where's that thread about a diseased mind?