PDA

View Full Version : comair minimum req?

raytheon_aircraft
11th May 2005, 13:28
hi guys,

can anyone please tell me what the minimum requirements are to get into comair?? ;)

Cenrifugel
11th May 2005, 16:23
If any one has any contact details, where to send CV's and who to speak to, it would be appreciated.

JetWSH
11th May 2005, 17:49
Have you tried www.***? or calling 1023 for directory enquiry?

C'monn, how hard is it to do the work yourself instead of asking others who to contact and how.

It is not that difficult to find that out and by asking such silly questions, you are only displaying a lack of interest. My best guess at least...

beechbum
11th May 2005, 18:38
Geez JetWSh who rattled your cage? This is how the forums work, if you need info or help, you ask and this is what the guys/gals have done. Get a life man.
For those who need some info send me a P.M. and I'll see if I can get some info for you.
As for JetWSH...........!!!!!!:= := := := :ok:

RIFT - "Raw in the face talent" - you either have it or you don't!!!

ou Trek dronkie
11th May 2005, 21:14
Sorry to say beechbum, JetWSH is right. His was a reasonable post, IMHO, no need to get opreg en so aan man.

As for Ray the one, he needs some good advice, clearly. He is a beginner. When I was young, I didn't think I knew bugger nothing, I thought I knew bugger all. Maybe the ou is totally without gumption ? If so, he is not needed in aviation. He must go to DCA.

All the young pilots I ever knew were merciless in their exploitation of resources, but were very resourceful themselves.

Just a bit of advice without nastiness from someone who learnt a great deal from pilots much younger than himself (Dankie Kêrels !) OK ?

Cheers :ok: from the oTd

cavortingcheetah
12th May 2005, 06:11
:) For those of rather more limited initiative than some I have taken the liberty of enclosing the following web site:

www.comair.co.za

The main office telephone number is 002711 921 0111.

If you take the trouble to telephone the Training Centre I am sure that you could make a plan to drive around there and deliver your own CV personally. This might make an impression and it is possible that you would actually get to talk with someone on the ground who could give you rather more up to date information than you might find on Pprune.
Your CV pack could of course include a covering letter which would indicate that you had carefully studied the history of the company and were enthused thereby with burning ambition to join Comair. It might also be useful to delve into the Comair/SunAir/BopAir connection. This would indicate more than just a skin deep interest in the airline as would a knowledge of how franchises and the BA connection operate.
I don't think that Chief Pilots on Selection Boards are impressed with rumour control as a source of information which might be demonstrated by aspiring Junior First Officers candidates.
Neither do I think that all those who wish to fly aircraft as a career
possess the mental maturity to do so.
Yes, well:

RIFT: "Rather Ignorant Fatuous Twit?"

We wouldn't want to demonstrate that now, would we, dear boys?:E

beechbum
12th May 2005, 07:50
What's wrong with trying to assist a young aspiring pilot who in this day and age needs all the help he can get? No harm in pointing those in need in the general direction instead of knocking on the wrong doors and getting the wrong answers.
Maybe those with the sarcastic comments were never in the position to require any assistance. Anyway again I will be glad to help any of those in need.
;)

APR
12th May 2005, 09:11
And most importantly tell them who you know at Comair!:E

JetWSH
12th May 2005, 14:12
Beechbum - there is nothing wrong with helping other less experienced and aspiring pilots, you are absolutely right my friend. I go out of my way to help others who contact me on a regular basis for guidance. What I do have a problem with is when guys expect you to gain their experience for them and then go attend their interviews as well. Okay that is a bit far fetched but I am trying to say that there are those who honestly strive to take the right routes and sometimes only need a little nudge in the right direction. I might be completely wrong about Raytheon and Centifugal and I apologise if I am. However, unless he is computer and internet illiterate, I can not understand how they could not try the company website which would have yielded all the info they asked for on Pprune. What are guys with such approaches going to do one day when they sit in front of the Comair or other big interview panel and they have been spoon fed all along? Once again, no offence intended to Raytheon my boy.

Like they say - Jy kan die perd to by die water bring maar jy kan hom nie maak drink nie...