PDA

View Full Version : EK: Global Avation Remuneration Survey.

Shake
11th May 2005, 11:40
The recent 'Pay Review' refers to a recent 'Global Aviation Remuneration Survey'. Not that I don't trust our employers but it would be very interesting to find this document and see what it says, who we are now being compared with and who wrote it.

Anyone know where to find it?

quarefellah
11th May 2005, 16:56
Hi Shake,
At the risk of being wrong AGAIN can I respectfully suggest that this is done 'internally' by HR. Curiously, it has always shown that EK package is competitive (Now there's a surprise). It probably is more semantics than anything else but as it's named with no capital letters that would indicate it isn't a formally produced, readily available document.
How else would EK get the answers they want?(the same principle works for our many 'awards');)

Shake
11th May 2005, 20:19
I'd agree. It is almost inferred that it is some acredited survey completed by an independant source which it is most definately not.

So we have a bias survey which is not published, produced for and on behalf of the company who use it as a basis for calculating a pay rise which we are to take at face value.

Even with the 'pay rise' new captains are on the same take home pay as they were when they joined 4-5 years ago as an F/O based on currencies such as the Euro and taking into consideration the so called ERP.

So is it really as 'significant' a pay rise as they would have us believe and is it too little too late anyway?

Time will tell.

critical winge
11th May 2005, 21:44
Considering that they are bringing in 4 sector days, as we dont have enough crew, and that some layovers are now minimum rest as we dont have enough crew. 8% is a pittance for the sh1te situation that we are going to have to help them out of in this manpower mess. To enlighten your thread Shake, we are not judged against the wages of other airlines but moreso as the top pay scale for blue collared workers being allowed to wear white shirts in DXB. Yes they are getting 250000000 applications a minute, but as is known from mates not arriving, applying, or wanting to even look this way anymore, its a joke. We dont pay tax, fine, but the money they give us is the same as after tax anyway in a decently paid country. The house is lovely (for 15years if still standing), and that is a requirement and not a perk to bringing a family out here to work in the sandbox. Hey, when the dollar goes to yet another mega low over the next couple of years, I will have to leave or I would be considered a cashless immigrant trying to enter another country. OK blah blah why do people not leave, well they have hoaxed us into a situation where the family has been truley disrupted to come over here, to have to say that I have had to use some of my home savings to survive and to pyss the kids off with moving again would seem defeatest. Cant wait for the next year, a year of make or break for EK as there are many,MANY, people with job offers, applications out, lets just wait and see. Time WILL TELL> EK its up to you, dont destroy yourself. Gotta go, more than 5 mins since the last spyware destroyer prog ran. C Ya

halas
12th May 2005, 03:36
Wouldn't be this one would it?

www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/111/38/ (http://)

halas

Shake
12th May 2005, 07:12
CW:

I agree again. Time will tell; resignations continue and somewhere between 20-25% of guys accepting courses are not turning up (est from the training dept).

As the rest of us have to take up the slack with the lack of crews and life style seriously deteriorates with it in combination with the continuing negative trend of the $, tax will not even be an issue.