PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air ?????

lesdunbar
11th May 2005, 04:22
I have just booked on Gulf Air HK/BKK/HK for next week on wednesday...unbelieveable cheap price..
Can any one clue me up on GF.? i have used them a few years ago and everything was top notch, but reading some threads on this site,GF has lowered their game.
Any copmments about them are welcome.
cheers, Les Dunbar

dareya
11th May 2005, 04:38
Whatever you saved on your ticket - use the extra cash to top up your life ins. IMHO

MrBig
11th May 2005, 04:57
Dear lesdunbar,

Enjoy your trip. GF is now an excellent way to travel. Competative pricing and well trained crew. The last 2-3 years have seen quantum changes at the airline resulting in a world class product. There are always disapointed wannabee's who, having failed to make the grade, try to throw a spanner in the works. My family travel regularily on GF and I'm happy for them to be there.

Pontious
11th May 2005, 05:41
Les

GulfAir72 & GulfAir 151. These are the one's that we know about!

I rest my case.

:ok:

Left Coaster
11th May 2005, 08:25
What a great and mature response...******, go back inside, recess is over!:mad: :{ :{ :{

phreegreens
11th May 2005, 18:52
>Whatever you saved on your ticket - use the extra cash to top up your life ins. IMHO

Pathetic.

I have used them long haul in the last month, my wife is a GF Silver FF. Good crew, excellent service, on-time. The competition from the guys at EK have meant that over the past few years they have sharpened their act up.

A lot of cr*p has been spoken about GF, probably from folks that haven't been further east than Walthamstow.

Fly and enjoy GF, there are plenty worse out there.

:ok:

ATIS
12th May 2005, 18:09
Have used GF many times in the past few years. I definitely rate them high up there. And in my opinion a lot better than BA.

-Nice clean aircraft (A330's)

-Seat back video with loads of choice, but its not on demand.

-Food was average. What can you expect with UK caterers.

-The overall plus point was the attentivness of the cabin crew. Smiling and very pleasant, not so in BA, especially when surrounded by very demanding Indian subcontinent passengers. ("When are you serving the whisky?" Hadn't even pushed back yet)

Tried EK last month. Was OK however I think GF's service was better.

Come back and tell us what you thought