PDA

View Full Version : Hand Grenade Thrown at Bush

Ontariotech
10th May 2005, 23:35
Cnn reporting that a hand grenade was thrown within 100 feet of G. Bush while in the state of Georgia. He was giving his speech on the podium when someone threw the grenade, it was picked up by a security official after it failed to detonate. Secret Service were only notified after Bush had left the city.

XXTSGR
11th May 2005, 01:31
Darn it - why couldn't they have found someone who knew enough to take the pin out first?

Buster Hyman
11th May 2005, 02:53
It goes a long way to explaining the prevelance of "friendly fire"!

BenThere
11th May 2005, 03:00
XX,

Your post above says a lot about you.

Cheers

Onan the Clumsy
11th May 2005, 03:10
Must've been someone from Oklahoma.

I heard to where they threw some dynamite across the Red River. This ole Texan boy though , he pick it up, lit it and threw it back :}

BillHicksRules
11th May 2005, 09:29
BenThere,

As yours does about you.

Cheers

BHR

p.s. It was not in the US state of Georgia but instead in country (state) of Georgia (ex-USSR).

Maude Charlee
11th May 2005, 09:47
Probably explains why the Georgian revolution was peaceful - nobody knew how to get the safety off a Kalashnikov or take pins out of grenades.

wbryce
11th May 2005, 10:31
http://www.kontrabandcontent.co.uk/1/graphics/pics/kerrywins01.jpg :E

Dave Martin
11th May 2005, 10:44
Yep, that's the kind of "preventitive attack" we really need.

Pity the guy didn't have a better throwing arm.

Jordan D
11th May 2005, 11:18
I mean how difficult was it for him to make sure it contained explosives first and then hit the target?

Jordan

airship
11th May 2005, 14:12
The BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4535187.stm) report that it was a "hand" grenade but also Georgia's security chief said there was no chance that the Soviet-made RPG-5 hand grenade could have exploded and that the intention was probably to create public fear. and It was reported that a device hit an individual in the crowd and the device fell to the ground," Secret Service spokesman Jonathan Cherry said..."At this time we have not seen the reported device," he said. Great reporting as usual... :rolleyes: So what's the difference between a hand grenade and a Rocket Propelled Grenade anyway? Whatever, if the device hit an individual and was rifle-launched at the usual velocities in the order of 50 - 75m/sec., that individual must be feeling quite poorly, even if the grenade didn't go off... :}

ORAC
11th May 2005, 14:14
Adds a whole new meaning to Dummy Round......

Nani
11th May 2005, 15:45
BenThere,

Let them enjoy their wet dreams in their emasculated state. ;)

BHR,

In their world,they call themselves Kafkasi or Caucasians.

Caslance
11th May 2005, 16:26
Let them enjoy their wet dreams in their emasculated state. Hmmm... what would a Freudian make of that, I wonder?

Whoa!! Relax, Bubba! Freudia ain't got no oil, y'hear? :}

XXTSGR
11th May 2005, 19:14
Let them enjoy their wet dreams in their emasculated state.Hmmmm - what would either a grammarian or a biologist make of that? :}

Caslance
11th May 2005, 19:20
Dagnab it! Now Grammaria is a-gettin' ornery.... :eek:

Do those Grammarians got any oil, XXT??? :}

XXTSGR
11th May 2005, 19:23
:confused: :eek: :} :E

BenThere
11th May 2005, 20:30
I observe Cas and XX have resorted to charicature. May I assume then you have no argument?

Capt.KAOS
11th May 2005, 20:33
The flygods on R&N would probably call it a "non-event" :rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
11th May 2005, 20:39
Airship

Could have been an RGD-5. IIRC, it's a parachute stabilised anti tank device, similar in shape to what would be called a German stick grenade.

Caslance
11th May 2005, 20:40
May I assume then you have no argument?Hard to say, Ben. I don't remember you having a proposition.

Send Clowns
11th May 2005, 20:40
It's OK, Ben, if we cariacature what XX has said we can point out that he wishes people had been killed in a terrorist incident. That is nasty; really, really unpleasant. Fills out his previously observed character consistently.

BHR as well - his is more of a schoolyard "Nyah, same to you but double!" character being shown, rather than visious, self-righteous spite.

Capt.KAOS
11th May 2005, 21:01
Ben and clowns...

"Irony is a disciplinarian feared only by those who do not know it, but cherished by those who do. He who does not understand irony and has no ear for its whispering lacks of what might called the absolute beginning of the personal life. He lacks what at moments is indispensable for the personal life, lacks both the regeneration and rejuvenation, the cleaning baptism of irony that redeems the soul from having its life in finitude though living boldly and energetically in finitude."

(Kierkegaard)

Send Clowns
11th May 2005, 21:06
In other words, irony has very little to do with wishing for bombs to detonate in crowds. As I thought, being well aware of the ironic. In case you doubt, I enclose a definition.irony n. (pl. -ies) 1 expression of meaning, often humorous or sarcastic, using language of a different or opposite tendency. 2 apparent perversity of an event or circumstance in reversing human intentions. 3 Theatr. use of language with one meaning for a privileged audience and another for those addressed or concerned. [Greek eironeia pretended ignorance]

Pocket Oxford Dictionary

XXTSGR
11th May 2005, 23:32
Send Clowns, please stop being such a sanctimonious prig. If you really, honestly think I desired a terrorist incident with innocent people killed and maimed then you are such a humourless, unimaginative, unintelligent jerk that I wonder you find anything on JetBlast that doesn't offend your oh-so-delicate sensibilities.

On the other hand, if you don't believe that, then fine. Perhaps a good sniper rifle would have been more effective than a grenade. :E

Send Clowns
11th May 2005, 23:36
Hey, you said it. It was a nasty, viscious thing to say, worse even than expressed desire to see the duly elected leader of a democratic nation assasinated (that is an incredibly arrogant or stupid desire), presumably for the "crime" of removing the viscious, murderous dictator of a totalitarian state from power. Take responsibility for what you type, mate. Unlikely, I know from recent experience, but it might just happen :rolleyes:

XXTSGR
11th May 2005, 23:40
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blacksheep
12th May 2005, 01:43
Once upon a time, a long time ago, in a far away country, ...

...right at the southern tip of the arabian peninsula, actually, where a revolt against the British occupation was under way. Long suffering RAF erk S. Wing (more commonly known as "Swing") bought from the NAAFI shop (the 'PX' to our US cousins) a cigarette lighter in the shape of a hand grenade After consuming a considerable amount of refreshment at the NAAFI bar, he staggered off to his billet. Passing the RAF Police barrack along the way it entered his head to toss the 'hand grenade' through the open window. After a second or two of pregnant pause, the occupants of the barrack room burst out of the windows in a panic, satisfying Swing Wing's wicked sense of humour.

I often wonder what happened to that cigarette lighter and where it ended up...

Buster Hyman
12th May 2005, 03:54
Is one mans Assassination attempt, another mans Pre-emptive strike?:confused: