PDA

View Full Version : Not Having Much Luck

Paracab
10th May 2005, 22:53
A bad week all in all, the cat has been diagnosed as terminally ill, Mrs Para's car has been written off, an enormous maintenance bill for Para towers has come in and our holiday has been cocked up beyond all salvageability.

Anyone else having a rough time ? :(

Taildragger55
11th May 2005, 08:42
No, thank God, at present everything's going just fine.
Funny how the imminent death of a pet is still more important than several crushing financial blows.
Hang in there.
Things have got to get better.

Grainger
11th May 2005, 10:35
Sympathies, PC. Funny how it often happens that way - everything seems to go wrong all at once.

As TD says - money, cars can be replaced but I know what it's like to lose a loved pet :(

Hang in there: life can sometimes surprise you at the darkest times - an unexpected kind act, discovering that someone is a much better friend than you realised, that kind of thing. Things will turn around, so keep going !

BRL
11th May 2005, 10:40
Hang on in there mate. As they say, things can only get better.

If it is any consolation, I can offer you a cottage on the west coast of Ireland for a week. All you have to do is fly to Shannon, hire a car and relax. Beautifull and relaxing place is Ireland. Let us know either way.

airship
11th May 2005, 11:36
If it makes you feel any better Para,

I haven't had a holiday in 13 years, don't own a car nor the roof over me head. Me job bores me to tears. And me Vietnamese restauranteur neighbours have been keeping me up till 3 in the mornings with their bleedin' karaoke recently.

However, me 2 cats are fine. That's all I really care about. Oh, and I sicced the old bill onto the neighbours the other night... ;)

lexxity
11th May 2005, 11:55
Poor para, big hug for you. Everything happens together it's just one of lifes little jokes. I hope everything improves for you and I'm sorry about your cat, that sucks.

Nopax,thanx
11th May 2005, 12:28
Chin up mate; little comfort I know but we've all been there. 1992 was my Annus Horribilis, 1500 quid bill to get the car repaired, had to cash in my retirement fund for that. Cat died of feline leukaemia, no holiday, job under threat the whole year.

The sun has a way of shining again, it's at times like this your true mates will show up. Keep struggling on and you'll get there.

tall and tasty
11th May 2005, 12:32
Paracab

All I can say is things happen in 3's so hopefully nothing more can happen that is bad and it will get better from now on.

I have had a bad deal at the beginning of the year and it is still bad but won't bore you will the ins and outs here but then along came the car trouble and but at least I got the hols so 2 out of the three I did quite well.

Hope it gets better and really sorry to hear about your cat. I hope the hol company makes up big time for the major disaster.
The car insuarance should have you with a shiny new car which is a bonus and once the towers are repaired at least it is only something i hope that is done once in a blue moon. Some consolation.

Take care

TnT

brockenspectre
11th May 2005, 12:58
Sorry to hear about the stuff hitting your fan Paracab ... {{{{{HUG}}}}} :ok:

Omaha
11th May 2005, 13:01
Yeah one my bl**dy relations is at it again, intend to set the 'rottweiller' on him. :ok:

topcat450
11th May 2005, 13:14
All I can say is things happen in 3's

:uhoh: Don't say that... it means 2 more awful things are heading my way sharpish.