PDA

View Full Version : TV alert - Luton Airport the series

LTNman
10th May 2005, 15:50
Not sure how many regions will see this tonight but ITV London are showing episode 1 of 10 on life at Luton Airport at 7:30. TV viewers with Satellite might be able to see it on channel 963 depending on your postcode. This is how I will get to see it.

My DVD recorder is set for record so I can look back in 20 years time when Luton only had 1 terminal, 1 runway and just 8 million passengers

Avro Arrow
10th May 2005, 15:55
I think all parts of the UK can get London ITV 1 if they have a cable or Sky TV connection.

AA

WOWBOY
10th May 2005, 16:01
Thats true I think it's channel 963 ??

LTNman
10th May 2005, 16:09
Trouble is that for some people channel 963 gives them a completely different ITV region depending on where they live.

Oshkosh George
10th May 2005, 17:23
I'm in Scotland,and I have London ITV on 963,I didn't know that! Yes,I'll be watching!

tcx00
10th May 2005, 17:35
i never knew that!
looks like i will be watching!

LTNman
10th May 2005, 19:30
Thought the programme was quite good. Very similar format to BBC’s Airport.

amanoffewwords
11th May 2005, 07:11
Better than having 30 mins of moaning orange pax. Was quite informative apart from the slightly jobs-worth checker - had to mention that spotters take their rubbish away so aren't a bother...twice ...

HZ123
11th May 2005, 07:25
I thought it was rubbish, cheap and nasty.

TightSlot
11th May 2005, 08:17
Weirdly, the series does not appear to be showing in the Anglia region, the ITV region in which LTN itself is covered

brabazon
11th May 2005, 08:54
TightSlot

I mentioned this on another slot, Bedfordshire is sort of in "no man's land" some get London and some Anglia. It's interesting that Anglia haven't seen fit to show it, maybe it will be at a later date or after people have complained enough - unless that is people are a bit tired of Airline/Airport type programme!!

Evanelpus
11th May 2005, 10:02
Was it a 'one-off' or part of a series?

amanoffewwords
11th May 2005, 11:52
A series - we're looking forward to the next edition where a leaf is found to be obstructing operations on a runway and a passenger actually remembers to bring a valid passport to the airport. :p

Buster the Bear
11th May 2005, 19:41
Cheap and rather rubbish TV with no sign of Mr Morris Dancer. Well there is always next week!

The only good clip was of the massive first floor departure lounge being kitted out and having been up there ages ago, the floor area is HUGE!

http://static.zsl.org/images/width150/bear-04-web-305.jpg

LTNman
11th May 2005, 20:16
There is a large diagram of the departure lounge in the corridor where the security passes are handed out. The seating area covers only about 25% of the total floor space. The rest of the area is reserved for retail outlets. Glad to see the new glass roof above the seating area but most of the window that face the eastern apron have been blocked off due to the location of many of the shops although it looks like one section will remain. It would appear that much of the seating will remain in the old terminal as this will remain a holding area for some of the gates.

Only around 6 or 7 weeks to go before everything is meant to open, can’t see it happening somehow as the new security hall / arrivals area isn’t even water tight yet with much of the area still open to the elements.

It will be interesting to see which retail outlets will occupy the new departure lounge. I still haven’t seen a list but I know that Alpha who run the present airside food outlets and bars have come off quite badly and will only be a shadow of its former self.

TightSlot
11th May 2005, 22:08
Will include a Starbucks - Yay!:cool:

LTNman
14th May 2005, 05:51
The series is also starting tonight at 7.00 on Sky Travel via freeview and Satellite channel 139. The 10 part series is expected to be repeated here now for the 20 years.

phil_2405
14th May 2005, 11:03
The series is also starting tonight at 7.00 on Sky Travel via freeview and Satellite channel 139. The 10 part series is expected to be repeated here now for the 20 years.

Excellent news! Although yes your right I'm sure we will have plenty of opportunities to watch it now if its on Sky Travel!!

Lite
14th May 2005, 18:56
The reason I enjoyed this show, like I do with the "Airport" series, is that it tried to cover various aspects of airport life. Despite my love of all things orange (perhaps the rather wooden presenter of "Bargain Hunt" excluded) I find the repetitive missed check-in stories are waring thin, and it was nice to see some other parts of the airport.

I especially enjoyed the Spanish lady who was helping with the Cuban passenger whose passport had gone missing. Having worked in interpreting, its always nice to see people helping those who don't understand the native language of a country, and as a regular pax on EZY flights out of EMA this seems to be a big problem. I've only ever been on one flight to Spain where there was a Spanish speaker, and never any Portuguese speakers through FAO!