PDA

View Full Version : Too Long in the Toilet!!

Irishboy
10th May 2005, 14:45
Just wondering what you guys make of this...

...I was on a flight last week and needed to do my business. I was in the toilet for no longer than 4 or 5 minutes when the Senior Flight Attendant banged on the door and said "You're taking too long in there, you're going to have to come out"!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. So I finished up and when I was walking past her she said that I took too long in the toilet and there was other people waiting to use it. She said this very loudly and in full view of other customers and her colleagues. I was very embarassed and annoyed. I waited until the end of the flight and had words with her. She made a feeble excuse that she was worried I had collapsed or something like that. I got a half hearted apology.

Just wondering what others think of this.

rotornut
10th May 2005, 15:08
Sounds like the f/a failed charm school! If you are really ticked off, it never hurts to write a complaint letter - you can probably find the person to write to on the airline's website.

OZcabincrew
10th May 2005, 16:20
hi

i wouldn't bang on the toilet door to say "you're taking too long, there's other people waiting", i would only do it for the sole purpose, if they've been in there for a while i would be worried that they've collapsed etc. If old people go in there and i see them beforehand, i always make a point of showing them where the attendant call button is located in the toilet if something goes wrong.

Oz

Onan the Clumsy
10th May 2005, 17:47
Happens to me all the time :=

:}

smile
11th May 2005, 01:08
I always watch the clock and prepare to knock if I see someone heading into the loo with a newspaper or handbag in tow. :E

SydEY
11th May 2005, 03:15
She could have calculated the time the other person spent in there and didnt see you go in...ended up thinking you were one and the same and you got the brunt of it....

An impatient passenger could have complained to her and she had to be seen doing something...

You could have had a run in with the few FA's that arent always nice...

SkySista
11th May 2005, 06:00
I guess she could have said it in a nicer way... e.g. "Excuse me, are you okay in there? You've been awhile") though 4 mins isn't that long, if you are a woman especially, us girls know these things take time :E

Unless, as SydEY mentioned, she saw another go in.... hey.... maybe she saw a girl/guy (circle which applies) go in before you, and didn't see 'em come out, and then saw you go in.... :E

Sorry. But we all know that's what they think! ;)

Once I had an F/A check on me because it got quite bumpy while I was using the lav, unbenownst to me the door hadn't latched properly, so when she knocked on the door it came open! :ooh:

Thank goodness I'd done my thing and was wiping the sink, as there was rather a lot of blokes standing around waiting! :eek:

Sky

Hobo
11th May 2005, 07:39
SS Must have been really bumpy if you used the "lav" but needed to wipe the sink! Haven't you got "crap flaps" on your aircraft?

SkySista
11th May 2005, 09:12
lol Hobo, nope. Once a cleaner, always a cleaner. Picked up the habit of wiping out the basin (of water, derrrr...... ;) ) when I used to have the job of making the "Executive Suite" presentable... included wiping down all the basin and countertops once finished in the lav...

Hmmm. Guess I DO have the cabin crew mindset after all! :}

DELTABOY
11th May 2005, 09:18
were all the inflight services completed? i only ask as some sccm's get hacked off if you disapear for a while whilst everyone else is working with a team member down. I appreciate that if nature calls you have to go, but some people may argue that you should conduct such needs at the appropriate times. I used to work with plenty of cabin crew who would disappear into the toilet compartments when they were trying to avoid something. however making such a big deal out of it in front of customers is highly unprofessional & unnecessary, sounds like she might have been having a bad day!

Pandora's Box
11th May 2005, 12:19
Hobo- Thats hilarious, Im pi$$ing myself with laughter.

:ok:

tofster
11th May 2005, 16:52
I would say that the purser has never had that nasty "long haul log" that you just have to get rid of!

Irishboy
12th May 2005, 09:10
Sydey>> there was no one in the toilet before I went in.

DELTABOY>> LOL, I am a passenger, you don't expect passengers to help with inflight services these days do you?!! Do you work for Ryanair?!! haha

DELTABOY
12th May 2005, 11:33
sorry irishboy, i guess with this being a cabin crew site i assumed you were crew, but good for you to take her up on it at the end of the flight....cheeky madam! your right though i think the way things are going it probably will be a self service set up for the likes of FR, i see vending machines where the toilets used to be!! :D

scrubed
12th May 2005, 11:45
Delta Boy,working with a team member downHaha... I like it! :ok:

But are you talking about the economy cabin or downtown freakin Fallujah???

I once p***ed all over the floor in the economy crapola during a turn-around. One hand holding the lid up and the other holding the fire-hose and the ear-muffs.

The muffs began to slide out of my grip and I lost control of it and had to take over the aim with Degraded Mode - swinging my hips around which isn't anywhere near as accurate. .... I had no choice really, it was either the floor or the ear-muffs.

The crapper had already been cleaned so I just snuck off down the rear stairs and left it. HAHA...

Sky_hi!
14th May 2005, 10:37
scubed,

I don't even know what to say to that but

:yuk:

TightSlot
14th May 2005, 12:22
Somebody left the Cage door open again in JB, and one of the animals escaped. Scrubed has now been recaptured and safely returned to his enclosure, where he will be humanely put down shortly.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: