PDA

View Full Version : CAE Dubai

Bumz_Rush
10th May 2005, 05:17
I would like to put on record that the CAE training facility in Dubai, is excellent and well worth considering for all initial and recurrent training on Gulfstreams.
I am doing a G5 recurrent, my first time at their new facility.
The classrooms are all automated, with multi screen intergrated displays, and the CAE intergrated and virtual cockpit.
Beware the walk round, and the nose bay, I felt sick just watching it.

The package offered by CAE includes business travel, excellent hotels, and pick up and drop offs.
The Traders hotel for example is excellent.
The free lunch in CAE is more than sufficient.

Watch out FSI...and Simuflite USA......Dubai is very attractive.

Regards from Dubai. Bumz.

salamalikum2
10th May 2005, 05:29
Right bumz...

They have a good sense of business in dubai, they known how to attract people, they are good organised, and at least they have some long term planning....:ok:

Bumz_Rush
10th May 2005, 08:17
I understand that they have even bigger plans....new building. More sims.....More Business...Emerates are adding aircraft like no tomorrow, as are most operators in the area.

chinny
11th May 2005, 14:12
:( shame the same cant be said for the GIV side of things-high turn over of instructors-worked hard and paid C**P.
So bad there that the 'Company' putting in their own instructors to get what they want out of the training!!!!!

StressFree
12th May 2005, 16:08
'Traders hotel excellent..........' ??????

You cannot be serious, they put us in there a few weeks ago, its right on the end of the runway at DXB, we soon moved out to the Hyatt.

You're right though in every other respect, as a training centre CAE is very hard to beat, its simply outstanding. Having been through FSI etc. in the US I would choose CAE Dubai every time. Where else could you get out of a sim and be in an Irish bar drinking Kilkenny within 2 minutes ?????

:}

Bumz_Rush
13th May 2005, 06:06
Yes I agree the location of the Traders...but the Marriott is next door, and was there last stay, and no problem......
I did hear ONE A/C depart.... Russian......say no more....

The Traders has a nice lounge, the lounge free food is OK, and the in lounge internet hard wired is OK. The in room internet is NOT free. Apart from that they are excellent.

The room rate was less than half the Marriott.

The CAE transport to/from SIM Worls is good, (only slipped up once.)

Yes you can smell the irish bar from the reception of CAE....just follow your nose......or the others.....

As to instructors.......The pay is low, and as a retirement post is good, but to support a new family, perhaps not.

Bumz