PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Norway

50 Tacan
10th May 2005, 02:32
G'day all,
Just a quick question from Down Under. I'm looking at making the move with my (Norwegian) family to Norway. I appreciate that airline jobs are not available. What about General Aviation / Instructional jobs ? My experience is all Australian Air Force time. About 3000 hrs on Fast Jets, Heavy Transport & Intructing time. Are many instructional jobs available ? What is the average salary for an ab initio instructor in Norway ?

Thanks for any info.

P.S. I understand what is involved in changing my ATPL and imigration issues.

Flathatter
10th May 2005, 08:22
SAS has some 300 guys on furlough. I think they've pretty much gobbled up whatever was available. Keep in mind, these days (and most others, too) norwegians are generally forced to venture abroad for jobs. GA is virtually non-existent in Scandinavia.

Are you sure you're aware of all that's required to convert your license? You pretty much have to start from scratch.

And here I thought how nice it would be to maybe move to Oz and get a job there...

GRIFFIN2000
10th May 2005, 20:49
Hi 50 Tacan

Check out www.pilotutdanning.no for conversion and instruction, the web page of Norwegian Aviation College, one of the biggest FTO`s in scandinavia. Ok salaries and good benefits.

Good luck :-)

S.71
13th May 2005, 22:42
Mate, I think I might be able to help with a little bit of info, at least regarding conversion of CASA->JAR, send me a pm if you like!!!

Cheers!

s.71
:cool: