PDA

View Full Version : Cat milk and Kit i cat!

on21
9th May 2005, 21:35
What next! I ask you, if anybody I know use's that, it's going into the next decent brew I make. Where will it stop? Go on Nappies for cats? :yuk:

Whirlygig
9th May 2005, 21:39
Some cats have an intolerance to lactose in cow's milk such that the use of Go on Kitty nappies would be well-advised :yuk:

Cheers

Whirls

Irish Steve
9th May 2005, 21:40
Joking apart for a moment, the cat milk is very different to Cow's milk, and about 6 months ago, it was the difference between keeping a very young kitten alive and comfortable, or seeing it in serious trouble because it couldn't cope with cows milk, and was too young for solid food.

That said, it's getting kind of silly when cat milk is dearer than a pint of guiness, and God knows, that's getting to be an astronomic price these days!!!

The other rant is these damn cat food foil pouches. Have you ever tried getting the damn things open with wet hands? Arrgghhhh!

chiglet
9th May 2005, 21:58
Steve,
I [always] thought that cats were self reliant????
All except mine...they're thick....or I am :confused:
watp,iktch

Irish Steve
9th May 2005, 22:01
This one was so young, it hadn't had time to discover self reliance techniques.

It's done all right now mind, very capable little monster :D :D

Self reliance is all about making sure that you get the owners trained in providing the right levels of comfort, food and other necessities at the correct intervals :D . At that, they're VERY competent.

Solid Rust Twotter
9th May 2005, 22:02
Well, it's either the foil pouches and kitty milk or your prize koi and ring necked parakeets.:E :ok:

Irish Steve
9th May 2005, 22:24
prize koi and ring necked parakeets

Prize Koi, or nearly anyway, I will admit to :D

Any cat, or Heron, that can get anywhere near them will earn my admiration, I've had the koi now for close on 7 years, so they're a good size, and so far, no cats or herons have managed to get any of them. It's not been for the lack of trying, we came down to breakfast one morning to see said heron practically tearing his feathers out trying to work out how to get from his position on top of the trellis pergola down to water level:D .

The cat's just can't get over the fence to get at the fish, but if one did, it would get a serious surprise, I've had to handle large koi a few times, and if one decides it's not going to cooperate, a flip of it's tail would be well capable of sending even a reasonably heavy cat into somewhere around Wednesday, and it would have a headache to match:D

Can't comment on the parakeets, don't have any:(

Seen any green things with a lump on the end recently?
:E :E

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 22:30
Cat milk?

Better to give a cat a bucket of water........ :E

Jerricho
9th May 2005, 22:33
Or a crab pot :E

Whirlygig
9th May 2005, 22:35
Oi ! ShyTe! You! Outside now!

I've got 15 lb of spitting furious cat that's gonna take you on! And I know who'll win :E Bucket of water or Karcher Power Washer - Big Healey would have you for breakfast :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 22:41
Outside? With a 15 lb cat? OK. I've a .410 shotgun loaded with axle grease down me trouser leg though (he said, modestly :p )

I've taken on bigger puss....second thoughts, better not post that comment, old ShyT.... :=

Sorry, it's me age, ducks....

Whirlygig
9th May 2005, 22:47
I said CAT not pussy :ok:

It's dark now and he has far far better eyesight than you! And if he aimed his teeth and claws at the point where I imagine the stock (of your shotgun) would be (if down your trouser leg), then you ain't gonna shoot him - you'd shoot yer foot off first.

But perhaps you've only got a sawn-off :E

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 22:51
Up and over, pump action, dear girl....... :E

Whirlygig
9th May 2005, 22:55
If it keeps you happy, I'll let you think that!

I'll just let you know that I came home from work today and found the entrails of a large mammal on the kitchen floor - possibly a stable lad or jockey.

So beware!

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 23:10
Whirly,

You told me it was mouse, not a "large mammal"! If you are underplaying the situation you face with this creature, rather than living with a moggie cat, I suggest you are a potential victim of something that is a relative of the Beast of Bodmin. I'll loan you me shotgun and stand well back.....

p.s. I once took on a Belizean Puma (hence my limp and distant look) ..... but at least I tried.... :ouch:

Whirlygig
9th May 2005, 23:12
AALRIGHT! It was a BIG mouse!

Cheers

Whirls

... but I thought you flew Pumas, not "took" them on!!

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 23:23
It's a long story..... it was owned by a certain lady - and it had a history of chasing cattle... and ate pilots for breakfast (or was that her? My mind's a little confused these days).

Whirlygig
9th May 2005, 23:26
Ah-ha!

So, you've met the ferocious Healey then?! My little black puma. He eats pilots for breakfast. Or do I? I'm a little confused these days as well!

Mind you - if he drank cow's milk..... we'd all be running for cover

:yuk:

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 23:47
Best not feed him shotgun pellets and cows' milk then? :uhoh:

on21
10th May 2005, 14:31
Just been thinking, how many cats do they have to milk to get enough for one of thoses bottles?

There must be heards of cats being milked all over the country.

BillHicksRules
10th May 2005, 14:51
On21,

I was wondering when someone would come out with that. :D :D

I thought we would have a reference to "Meet the Parents".

Cheers

BHR

Lon More
10th May 2005, 20:03
There must be heards of cats being milked all over the country.
Heards? must be doing it quietly then.
Just make a clean breast of it then