PDA

View Full Version : E-Gead! Cambridge?

nosefirsteverytime
9th May 2005, 16:51
A question, but first a lead-up story.....

After staying all night at Dublin terminal for an early flight to Stansted,, I was at the Duxford VE Day Airshow Saturday last (fine show!) but had to leave early to catch my flight back (same day). Was brought into a panic by a fella who told me I had to get a bus into one town and then another and then to Stansted, which would push me very tight to catch my flight, so at 4-ish I s*at a brick and got to the bus station. Asking there, I got another set of instructions (free bus to Cambridge, then get one from there to Stansted) and, me being a stingy studenty sort, got the bus. On arrival, I went to the coach station to find out I had another hour to wait for the next bus. I grumbled about airshow time lost, and went for a wander.

I'd never considered Cambridge as a place to study, but after having a look around, and it being so close to so many airfeilds, I felt, well, I liked it. Maybe it was the sunny day, maybe all the students, maybe just the bunch sitting reading books in public, but it really appealed to me.

So, how does someone transfer to Engineering in Cambridge? Do I have to be that good? Is Cambridge all it's cracked up to be? Am I a fool for even looking into it?

Oh, and I'm an Irish 2nd year student of a 3 year Mechanical Engineering Ordinary Degree course.

nosefirsteverytime
11th May 2005, 20:55
Well, I phoned them, and.............

No you can't transfer in. All you can do is come in from school or attempt to sign up for a second degree after your first Ordinary (3 year) one. since it'll be your second, oyu dont get publicly funded.

So there, that's that.

Ah well. Imperial, here I come (or at least get the application form!)

c-bert
3rd Jun 2005, 10:18
If you liked Cambridge consider applying to Marshall Aerospace during you 3rd year...