PDA

View Full Version : Route Northern Europe-South Africa

MD12
9th May 2005, 12:51
Hi,

Would appreciate if you can tell me, more or less, which countries will overfly an aircraft departing from northern Europe bound to South Africa.

Thanks in advance.

Brgds.

MD12

Young Paul
9th May 2005, 19:30
Try this link (http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=osl-jnb%2Clon-cpt%0D%0A&RANGE=&PATH-COLOR=red&PATH-UNITS=mi&SPEED-GROUND=&SPEED-UNITS=kts&RANGE-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=) - then have a look on an atlas to see where the lines go.

Not a terribly well-framed answer - but then it wasn't a terribly well-framed question either.

MD12
9th May 2005, 19:42
Don't want to argue, but let me say that your answer could sound a little bit stupid, at least from my point of view.

I guess the route will be based, initially, on the shortest route available (economy), but what I mean is that maybe the route may vary depending on the ATC Service provided/availability, alternate airports en-route (don't know if a B747/A330-40 will fit in all African countries), etc... (safety).

If you think this is a stupid question, please don't answer.

Brgds.

MD12

chiglet
9th May 2005, 20:58
MD12,
Perhaps not a stupd question, per se....... BUT
Look at your question.
From where in Northern Europe to where in South Africa?
Scotland to Jo'burg is not the same as Tallin to Durban.
No "smacks", then get the "facts" right :ok:
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

MD12
9th May 2005, 21:27
Lets say from Luxembourg to Johannesburg.

chiglet
9th May 2005, 21:55
So,
We are now flying from Western/Central Europe to Jo'burg...
Look at youngpauls link, AND an atlas.
depends on "circumstances", weather etc.
watp,iktch

Globaliser
9th May 2005, 23:14
For a broad indication of possible answers to your question, you might want to explore Gerd Puppel's site (http://www.planningchart.de/).

MD12
10th May 2005, 08:42
Globaliser,

Many thanks for your recent message. That's what I need to know.

Best regards,

MD