PDA

View Full Version : cpl/IR training recommmendations

jimpearce
9th May 2005, 12:44
Hi there,
A usual question I'm afraid but has anyone got any feedback on the following schools for cpl/IR/multi training?
Bristol
Booker(High Wycombe)
Aeros (Gloucester)
PAT (bournemouth)

Its a pot load of cash to spend and obviously want to get it right first time if you can!!!
Many thanks,
Jim Pearce

Dutchie
9th May 2005, 15:26
If you cannot work the search engine don't start an IR :ouch:

ABO944
9th May 2005, 15:55
:rolleyes:

I cant believe some TW*TS on this website!!

Bristol Flying Centre ...... www.bfctraining.co.uk

Very good!

Did my Night, MEP, CPL & IR with them.

Great instructors, Ops chaps, Nice new building, 2 FNPTII's!

And of course, learning at an international airport makes you know why your doing it all ... watching those beasts taking off and landing whilst in your tiny PA34 !

Good luck!

:ok:

PilotOnline
9th May 2005, 16:15
Jim,

Check your PMs please.

six-sixty
9th May 2005, 17:33
I'm finishing my IR at Wycombe at the mo having done the CPL and multi beforehand. From my experience and results so far, I can't recommend them highly enough. Great instructors and a really friendly environment which still manages to be very results oriented.

PM me if you like with any specific questions and I'll give you the low down there.

Nice flaps
10th May 2005, 22:17
Jim

A bit further west, but I did my CPL/multi IR with Flightpass at Exeter www.flightpass.co.uk
First class outfit, would highly recommend them. For any specific info PM me.
It's been said before but: everyone can only comment on the place that they have been to. They will all be very different though, so take your time and have a good look around to find what fits best for you. Regards,

NF

Sky Wave
11th May 2005, 00:43
PAT are excellent.

Rather than repeating myself and others, take a look at this thread.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173608

SW

GAYDAR
11th May 2005, 20:44
My experiences at OATS were second to none!!

Give them a whirl if you can access the cash.

GAYDAR

Big Piston head
12th May 2005, 10:19
I highly recommend the course i'm on presently doing the ME IR here in Malaga then back to Bct kemble for the CPL all in the aircraft 80 hrs 25 twin 40 complex 15 turbo arrow CPL and all inclusive £14999
Email [email protected] and Matt litten will sort you out

silverknapper
12th May 2005, 10:32
It's a topic which comes up a lot, but to be fair schools do change, especially in times like these when instructors are moving to airlines en masse. A school which had good feedback 4 months ago may well have changed dramatically. I can think of two who are undergoing massive changes at present.
From what I hear the ones on your list are spot on. I haven't heard of Booker, but that doesn't mean anything.
I very nearly went to Bristol, but other circumstances changed that.
Like everyone says go see them, and talk to current students. If the place isn't up to par at the moment, a current student will be the first to tell you. Just make sure you chat to them away from the management!!!

gulfstreamII
12th May 2005, 13:22
Why South Africa?

The standard of training in South Africa is known, world-wide, to be extremely high.
We have some of the best weather conditions for flight training in the world.
The favourable exchange rate provides for relatively inexpensive training,
accommodation and living expenses.

South Africa is a top tourist destination offering students exciting attractions for off-
days and for partners that may be travelling with student pilots.

They comply with the highest standards in accordance with the International Civil
Aviation Organization (ICAO), and the CAA.

Their aircrafts are regularly and well-maintained.

In short you will never regret to train in SA. The standards are high and the prices are very good.
:) :)

OpenCirrus619
12th May 2005, 13:32
I've just completed my CPL at (Booker) Wycombe Air Centre (http://www.wycombeaircentre.co.uk)

I think the instruction I got was spot on: First time pass after exactly 25 hours done over a couple of months at the weekends. Alastair was excellent at spotting my weaker areas, conveying what I needed to do and then getting me to actually do it.

The other real plus was that for an extra £150 I did all 25 hours on the complex aircraft (182RG). I really don't know how I would have got on if I'd only done the minimum (5 hours?) on the complex before the test.

OC619

JB007
14th May 2005, 16:20
Had a great time at PAT - well worth a serious look...
Just in case you missed it the first time...!!!! Latest opinions here.... (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173608)

finals24
16th May 2005, 13:43
Did my CPL and IR at Wycombe.

Excellent operation, very good instructors who often are teaching only one pupil at a time therefore reducing the elapsed time for the course.

I like many others using Wycombe passed both the CPL and IR first time.

Strongly recommend taking the option of all 25 CPL hours in the C182 and all the flying hours for the IR in the BE76. This will still cost less than the standard alternatives at the likes of OAT and Cabair.

silverknapper
17th May 2005, 16:06
Strongly recommend taking the option of all 25 CPL hours in the C182

Sound advice!! I did all my CPL in the complex and think it was the best choice I made in my training. Would never have adjusted to the Arrow in the minimum time.

JB007
17th May 2005, 19:21
Totally agree - don't be conned into doing your CPL on a twin (like I was - cost a bl**dy fortune!)

Mark Davies
18th May 2005, 04:00
G'Day from WA. Well done Wycombe ! Gratifying to see credit were it is due, Wycombe Air Centre often gets overlooked when it comes to CPL/IR training which is a shame. Search back, you won't find a harsh word said against them. Dickie and the team do a really good job and have done so for many years, well done everybody, keep the good work up.

Leo45
18th May 2005, 07:31
Hi Mark,

Check your PM, please.