PDA

View Full Version : Free View (or is it)

terryJones
8th May 2005, 21:13
So been a tight bu99er, I just downloaded the Radio Times for this late evening entertainment on the freeview box.
Low and behold, it said 'Extreme Machines' so I go to channel 36 and find they want a quid...
Looking at their site it says no connection to the phoneline, no card required, just follow the instructions. This means of course that the wherewithall to watch same I already have.

Question. There must be out there in Pprune a TV engineer a little more up to date than me, (Who finished playing in the days of Betamax...) that can fill us in on the method required.

Remember the old days of Sky, when you built a PCB on very thin board, connected it to a 'D' connector into the Pc, and downloaded the sofware every few weeks. Those were the days...

scrubed
8th May 2005, 21:32
As is the fashion around here, I will answer by furnishing you with information which is of no use whatsoever, just to have something to say.

If you ask a pilot (of which there are few around here) he will, if he's any good at all, be able to tell you how to fiddle the remote control in your hotel room and access Pay-TV movies for free.

timmcat
8th May 2005, 21:43
If you ask a pilot (of which there are few around here) he will, if he's any good at all, be able to tell you how to fiddle the remote control in your hotel room and access Pay-TV movies for free.

Why bother - the free preview is usually enough.. :sad: