PDA

View Full Version : 737-200 Type Rating

ZAZOO
8th May 2005, 19:40
Looking for a good center to do a type on the 737-200 in the states and cant seem to make up my mind.

Would appreciate anyone with information or advice on a center regarding credibility,pricing and training please.

Thinking of doing the type in a few weeks.

Zazoo

bafanguy
8th May 2005, 19:44
Higher Power Aviation in DFW, and K & S in PHX both get good reviews. More info available at www.flightinfo.com in the "Hangar" section. These two companies have gotten quitte a lot of attention. Sorry, don't have the company websites.

ZAZOO
8th May 2005, 19:50
Thanks bafanguy checking it out now :ok:

skygod
8th May 2005, 21:37
HI THERE,
B737-2 check out aero services in miami,fl. or united training services in denver colorado. they seem to have the best deals on b737 type ratings.cheers

Happy landings

Dotun
9th May 2005, 13:44
Hey Zazoo,

I agree with skygod, united training services in denver colorado is a good option. Very professional and experienced guys, you will feel happy after getting the rating. Good luck my friend.

skygod, make u come back come tap machine o, how that side anyway, make u pm me.

Regards
DMan

NDB17
10th May 2005, 04:57
Zazoo

I Visited Higher power a month ago, nice set up. I believe they are the largest supplier of pilots to SWA. They use both the SWA and CAE sim in dallas. I think of going there to do the B737 training.
Let me know your plans.

Skygod & Dotun

How now? Hope say life dey go kamkpe? Hope to see you guys soon.

ZAZOO
10th May 2005, 12:03
Thanks Guys for all your response.

But the big question is how many Hrs on sim (Left & Right) are they offering , the ground school, manuals bla bla bla are all consistent but the variation in hours between the centers offering the Type is quite large and the price is about the same in all of them.

Why is this so?

And then the hotel rates :{ might as well sleep in the simulator!

I am looking for a center with good sim time !

Zaz

NDB17
11th May 2005, 03:02
Zazoo

Higher Power is $7380 for the type rating. You get :
1 set of B737 training manual, full color cockpit panels & study guides.
2 B737 systems cds
1 wk perf & oral prep
6hrs + open access to B737 cpt
20hrs B737 sim training, 10 hrs as PIC
2hrs FAA checkride

The CPT is actually an ex US Airways B737 cockpit, and you have unlimited access to it.
Regarding hotels, you have hotels in the area going for $40 per nite.

Dotun
20th Jul 2005, 17:22
ZAZOO and NDB17, please check your PMs.
Regards
DMan

ZAZOO
3rd Sep 2005, 23:30
NDB17 check your PM.

Currently close to you.

Zaz;)

Dman whats up!!! Not heard from you.

QSK?
4th Sep 2005, 07:03
Ansett Flight Simulator Centre in Melbourne, Australia is now operating under new ownership. Go to www.ansettsimulators.com (http://www.ansettsimulators.com) for more info.

togabutton
4th Sep 2005, 15:50
I flew 737-200s in SA for a year and then moved to the USA. I used HPA in Dallas to do an FAA B737 type rating and ATP. They were superb and I highly recommend them. Excellent instructors, both ground school and sim. Very down to earth people, very helpful, very thorough, believe me! PM me for for more.

ZAZOO
5th Sep 2005, 02:05
Agree with you on that one togabutton, they are just great!

NDB17 whats up get in touch big guy.

Zazoo

Renaissance
5th Sep 2005, 11:22
Does anyone have experience with FTI in Denver www.fti737.com or premair www.premair.com?