PDA

View Full Version : Pilots and cabin crew

RoyBoy20
8th May 2005, 12:13
hi

Im 18 years old and about to start an intergrated course. When i graduate i wil be 20.

There is a massive steryotype regarding pilots and crew having relationships, or even sexual realtionships.

Still being a teenager when i graduate this is a small incentive for me to become a pilot.

What are your experiences with stewardeses ? is this fact or just another stryotype?

Roy

flybywire
8th May 2005, 12:49
"What are your experiences with stewardesses?"

Wow, what a question!! Not personal at all!!! :}

I can assure you, you'll be disappointed to know that most of us actually have a life outside work and, I can speak for myself, in 3 years of flying I have met only one pilot who was somehow "appealing"!!!

Good luck anyway in all your endeavours....

ciao

FBW:)

***Love at first Flight***

resboy
8th May 2005, 13:05
um royboy ... think you may be gunning for some sort of stereotype there :uhoh:

like any other industry the airline one of course has scope for people to have workplace relationships ... but probably no more than any other industry i would say ... for sure there might be the odd indiscresion ... but that, as i say, can happen anywhere

i think you would probably want to have a few other good reasons up your sleve for wanting to join this industry :ok: beyond finding mr or mrs right

cheers:)

Hogg
8th May 2005, 13:30
Wouldnt ya just love to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neva happens! ;) ;) :)

pacific.heights
8th May 2005, 14:19
Well, i have been in the industry for only 3 years but i have seen loads of flight deck tarts, one being a good friend of mine actually.

The "tarts" tend to be new in the industry, usually very young and easily impressed. It s quite sad in a way. But after a while girls get to see that a captain is a normal kinda guy and their job is like ours, not glamourous. And most flying dinosaurs (5 years + flying) cannot stand the thought of a captain being intimate with them.

So yeah, unlike what has been said here, i do think that things happen but it is usually very brief and make people usually sad in the end. How many night stops ended in tears when crew slept together under the influence of alcohool?

ozskipper
8th May 2005, 15:54
I wonder if this is another journo looking for some goss?

Call me cynical....

sixmilehighclub
8th May 2005, 17:58
ozskipper, you're cynical.

OzzieO
8th May 2005, 20:02
Maybe cynical but maybe have a point!

capt.cynical
8th May 2005, 21:39
There's only ONE cynical and thats me !!

tiggerific_69
9th May 2005, 09:21
stereotyping.to be honest it doesnt happen.ive known a few gay crew members to have some "fun" with people from the hotels,but not with other crew members.there are a few crew having relationships at work (i.e cc marrying flight crew,i can think of 3 couples getting married this year) but sleeping around?no it doesnt happen.and if you find that one of the "benefits" of the job...maybe youre going into the wrong job,surely thats no reason to say "yea im gonna do that job!!"

flapsforty
9th May 2005, 09:52
RoyBoy20I suggest you concentrate on your studies so that one day you will be able to find out for yourself.

... if you're very lucky... ;)