PDA

View Full Version : MEC uses "Emerengy Only" Heli and Fixed Wing

Gunship
8th May 2005, 08:28
F.:mad: it ... I am a patriotaic expat Saffer but when I see this s:mad: t I wanna kotzz :yuk:

A fixed-wing aircraft service and a helicopter service contracted to the Eastern Cape department of health emergency unit is being used to fly Health MEC Bevan Goqwana all over the province instead of being available to transport critically ill patients.

Documents in City Press's possession show that in the past three months, the department spent more than R2.75m using the helicopter. Since January 20 this year, when the multimillion-rand aircraft contract was signed, the air service was used 26 times.

Goqwana was taken around the province 15 times. The other MEC flown around was Christian Martin, who is in charge of social development.

A service-level agreement states that the aircraft will ferry medical equipment used in emergency evacuations and for the transportation of medical staff only.

The fixed-wing aircraft agreement states that the aircraft will be used to transfer patients between hospitals in the province and, in certain cases, to hospitals in other provinces.

Moral support :E

Health department spokesperson Sizwe Kupelo confirmed that the two helicopter services were to be used for emergency services only, but added: "However, they can be used for other emergencies when a need arises. There is nothing wrong with the MEC using the services."

When City Press pointed out the frequency of the MEC's trips, Kupelo said: "Even the trips you are referring to were emergency cases where the MEC went to give moral support."

He added that the trips to render "moral support" included Goqwana's visit to areas where there had been an outbreak of a disease. :yuk:

The logbook shows that between December 14 2004 and January 13 this year, for example, only Goqwana was ferried in the fixed-wing aircraft between East London, Bisho, Mthatha and back to East London.

He again travelled from East London to Margate in KwaZulu-Natal, then Bisho and back to East London. In between the dates, he also travelled to Cradock and Mthatha on different dates costing the department R171 000. :* :* :*

Solid Rust Twotter
8th May 2005, 09:09
OK, Guns. You've got me...

Why are you actually surprised?:confused: :(

Gunship
8th May 2005, 09:24
Mate, we know each other.

I am not blind by what is going on in SA, but I am NOT (and will never be) a negative, stirrer about SA.

I square things up and then make my decissions. There are way to many positive things in SA that makes me stay. Yes there is crime, there is misuse of resources (just like the white politicians did mate - ask me for more details and I will write you a book full of it) but what got me under is the fact that this ass :mad: le uses emergency equipment to show his fat a$$ around ! :*

You will not easily see me winging about what politicians do or how state coffers get's embazzled as it is "Std through the ages" and the Apartheid goverment laid a nice foundations for our "brothers" to learn from :E

Oeps ... let me get out of here ... just now I am a "commie" and k... boetie ;)

Have a LEKKER day all !

Solid Rust Twotter
8th May 2005, 09:45
Guns

Totally agree with you. Lots of positive things about SA but we're getting so used to stuff like this down here that it doesn't even raise an eyebrow any more, more's the pity. The old lot were just as corrupt (like any politician). The only difference is that they hid it better and got into kak if they were caught. The new lot don't give a rat's rectum if they're caught and just carry on as normal with no remorse because they're bulletproof.

A boytjie in the DRC said it best describing Kabila's ousting of Mobutu....

"The sh!t's the same, only the flies have changed.":(

Politicians!:* :yuk: :yuk:

Gunship
8th May 2005, 10:08
yeah mate it is always a fine line for me but this is taking things a bit far ... then again Bush comes 45 minutes late for the WWII Aniversary celebrations. Everything is worked out per minute as there was fly pasts ...

As you say .. f:mad: n politicians.

Only good thing about politicians is what I saw this week ...

The face of the Irish Party leader when he lost his seat in parliament ... that must be one of the best disgraces you can find :p :p :p

Beta Light
8th May 2005, 10:28
U R on the numbers Gunn's. I remember flying a 707 down to George for Tannie Elise Botha and her "Suider kruis susters" while the 61 Meg. troops lost two days leave sleeping next to the runway in Grooties waiting to be trooped to the states..... only one of many stories..............

Gunship
8th May 2005, 12:41
ha ha ha ... lekker lag ek nou ...

What's definately amazing is how press freedom has changed over the years ! The nromal person did not know about theantics of the politicians :E (but some of us did ) :E

South Africa appears at number 26 out of 167 countries, coming out ahead of countries like the United Kingdom (28th), Australia (41st) and Japan (42nd).

Tying for the top of the list were Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Slovakia, Switzerland and the Netherlands, while the bottom positions were taken by North Korea, Cuba and Burma. China (162nd) retained the undesirable label of the world's “biggest prison for journalists" by detaining 27 of the 107 reporters in jail around the world as of 1 January 2005.

zimBOBwe was not even mentioned .. :}

Gunship
8th May 2005, 15:51
Bert,

I post this as it is a flying -related forum. Read it or leave it.

It take exception to the fact that it is not "my country" anymore as you think.

Ask your wife re the history of Bart Nel ... you do not f:mad: k with OUR / MY COUNTRY.

It IS / was and always be MY country.

And ... I am a VERY proud of that :ok:

Ditto on subject.

Cheers from
Gunnsss a Patriotic Saffer :ok:
(and watching cricket so do not disturb me again - rather tell your mates from The Caribean to play better cricket. 42-4 :E for them after 16 obers - shame :E

Gunship
8th May 2005, 17:03
From bert : Im sure 4hp will jump on this anyway............

So is it your idea to hi-jack my threads and get them binned .. like YOUR president that delayed the WWII Celebrations by 45 minutes :E

Gunship
8th May 2005, 17:24
Ahhhh got you back .. yes me and 450 000 000 others was waiting in constipation to hear him on TV :E

exjet
8th May 2005, 17:27
Gunns, I agree with you - a patriotic Saffer - but these things happen all over the world.

Bert we do have a say in OUR country - just like yours.

.... back to the cricket!!

B Sousa
8th May 2005, 17:33
After some thought. Better things to do than get in a pissing contest over things that we are not going to change.......
Im off for the Grand Canyon.........Enjoy

ou Trek dronkie
9th May 2005, 04:27
Gunness, you say “I am not blind by what is going on in SA, but I am NOT (and will never be) a negative, stirrer about SA.”

Surely the point is you are not” stirring” just by exposing something which is wrong. If it’s not exposed, it will never get put right, a point some people cannot see. Silence is assent mates.

Says the old Trek dude still bleeding from a mauling he got in Italian for doing the same thing on another thread.

oTd