PDA

View Full Version : Visas for Bahrain?

fly_guy100
8th May 2005, 06:03
Hey everybody, I just want to ask if you need a visa to work and live in Bahrain if your a U.S. citizen. I was told by someone that you don't need any visas if your a U.S. citizen and I just wanna know if this is really true.

Also, anybody know about being a ticket agent for Gulf Air out of Bahrain? Thanx and I'm looking forward to all of your inputs!:D

ironbutt57
8th May 2005, 06:42
You are eligible for a TOURIST visa on arrival, however if you are subsequently employed, your employer (sponsor) will have to obtain a residence/work permit..which entails the authorities obtaining a "no-objection certificate",(a report that no prevous employer in the gulf has any objection to you working there, and the CID criminal investigation division also does a security check on you as a part of this, so if the FBI, or Interpol are after you, forget it!! go to Alaska) then you will do a gov't medical which is checking for communicable diseases, HIV, hep-b etc etc....with this completed...a residence/multi-entry/exit visa/work permit will be stamped in your passport renewable every two years by your sponsor (employer) If you are offered employment in Bahrain, your prospective employer will handle the above formalities, all you have to do is submit your passport to them for the proceedings....ticket agent? Not too sure..both GF staff, and BAS (handling agent) staff are involved in this, not quite sure which is involved in what capacity....hope this helps....:cool:

fly_guy100
8th May 2005, 06:49
Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it. Can you please tell me more about this "no-objection certificate." What is it, what does it mean, etc. Can I switch jobs with this if the new job is in a different country?