PDA

View Full Version : valuair

DEE-DUCK
8th May 2005, 00:40
News May 8, 2005

Valuair sets sights on eastern Australia services

A Singapore-based low-cost carrier is considering a move to operate services to Australia’s eastern states, according to media reports.

The one-year-old Valuair is reportedly proposing to operate wide-body aircraft such as the Airbus A330 or the Boeing 777 on the route.

Valuair chairman Lim Chin Beng said the airline was "seriously studying" the eastern Australia routes, according to Singapore’s Business Times.

The carrier already operates daily services between Singapore and Perth, using Airbus A320s, and also flies to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Jakarta, and Chengdu and Xiamen in China.

The Straits Times reported that Valuair had yet to break even in direct competition with Singapore-based low-cost carriers Jetstar Asia - 49 per cent owned by Qantas - and Tiger Airways.

:ok:

The Flying Lip
8th May 2005, 15:15
Widely reported in the Singapore press... however, the rest of the article went on to say that this would only happen when oil falls back below $40 a barrel.

I also intend to buy 26 A340s. But only when my 6 numbers come up on the lottery, 10 weeks running....

Selac66
10th May 2005, 01:37
Oil will never again be below $40 a barrel.

Groaner
10th May 2005, 02:18
Sorry to disappoint you, Lip, but I think your retirement plan is flawed.

You'll need quite a few years of winning the lottery every week to buy 26 A340s, last I checked the prices...