PDA

View Full Version : Surplus Military Flight Suit

MMEMatty
7th May 2005, 19:58
Hi all, this seems a sensible place to ask this rather than Q&A, so here goes.

One of my mates is having a Movie themed fancy dress pub crawl going on for his 21st, and me being me, decided to go as the Top Gun.

Problem is, i havn't got a Flight suit, and dont fancy shelling out for a leather jacket.

Anyone know where i can get a green RAF surplus flight suit? i've thought of just getting some green coveralls but i would prefer the real thing.... Looked on the usual surplus websites and sent some e-mails but they're difficult to get or something? Cheapes i've found so far are some from a flight supply shop (but not surplus i should add) for £40. Anyone do any better?

Many thanks

Matty

Solid Rust Twotter
7th May 2005, 20:03
I believe many are displayed prominently on washing lines at Air Bases around the UK.

Sort of self service thing...:E

Before shopping at these emporia, it's advisable to ensure your accident cover is up to date.:ok:

EESDL
7th May 2005, 20:43
PM me, could sort you out, I live just North of Leeds.

MMEMatty
7th May 2005, 21:27
EESDL Check your PM's

Matty

Flik Roll
8th May 2005, 07:34
dare I mention it....Ebay

lynx pilot
8th May 2005, 08:07
If no jot elsewhere PM me. I have one you are welcome to have.

Jerry Can
8th May 2005, 10:00
Can anyone get me one? The squippers can't!!:D

boswell bear
8th May 2005, 15:33
wasn't some RAF bod selling em on ebay til he got caught???? :O

spinstallaeropfl
8th May 2005, 16:10
If you go to Brize Norton, you could borrow one from an air steward or stewardess and even get one in deset pattern...! I believe that is how those those that need them (SH force), get theirs...!

SSAP

BigGrecian
8th May 2005, 17:57
I thought the use of military uniform for the purposes of fancy dress was forbidden :cool:

Solid Rust Twotter
8th May 2005, 18:02
Spinstall may be on to something.

Mugging a jamstealer for one looks like the way to go....:E :ok:

Monty77
8th May 2005, 18:09
Striding down the High Street of Sleaford, in my best green bag, I failed to attract the attention of the local talent. Lucky really.
She's 90, toothless and married to the vicar. Pray God, C130 roam the world, and the only thing that goes bang is my arse. And that'll be my fault.

The Helpful Stacker
8th May 2005, 18:20
I thought the use of military uniform for the purposes of fancy dress was forbidden

Only if you're a serviceperson.

BTW does anyone know what happened to that civvy bint that had been hanging around RAF Valley mess in an RAF uniform for ages*?

* Obvious jokes such as "she was posted to HQSTC" or "she is Blairs senior military advisor" will be chuckled at but then ignored.

;)

greenhaven
9th May 2005, 22:40
Far as i know got nicked at Culdrose.....

can't elaborate any more than that!!

glum
10th May 2005, 09:09
Try any Army / Navy store...

rej
10th May 2005, 11:35
..... or a trader at any forthcoming UK airshow.

ImageGear
10th May 2005, 11:48
Try bidding here - £5.00 + (better be quick)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4783&item=5578464706&rd=1

Imagegear

Winnie
10th May 2005, 12:31
OK,
So I'm a Pilot, even though I now fly on civvy street.

Whereabouts would I inquire if I was to get an RAF style grow bag?

Not necessary green or "dessert", could be dark blue.

I like the syle, and the fabric, it's light weight, and the kneepads actually serve a purpose, only problem, I'm in Canada...:bored:

foldingwings
10th May 2005, 12:31
If you have a mate in London there used to be a stall that sold them in Covent Garden; found one of mine (only one foldingwings in the RAF) there once whilst idling past on a lunch time break from MOD!

bader'sbalance
10th May 2005, 12:58
BTW does anyone know what happened to that civvy bint that had been hanging around RAF Valley mess in an RAF uniform for ages*?

She was indeed tracked down at Culdrose, but not before she ran up a stupendous bill on some poor unsuspectings credit card in exchange for a sh*g and a shakey sob story.

SmilingKnifed
10th May 2005, 13:21
Well he at least got a shag.