PDA

View Full Version : Was It A Flap Was It A Ufo

timgad
7th May 2005, 19:17
AT 16.10 BST TODAY I SAW A FLYING OBJECT THAT LOOKED LIKE A FLAP OF ONOTHER A/C SOMEWHERE OVER THE SOUTH COAST.
IT WAS HURTLING TOWARDS THE GROUND I WOULD SAY AT AN ANGLE OF 45 DEGREES.OUR FLIGHT LEVEL WAS APPROX 120 ONLY A GUESS AS I WAS A PAX . THE MATTER WAS REPORTED TO ATC....ANY FURHTER NEWS. CAN ASSURE YOU IS NOT IMMAGINATION.THERE ARE WITNESSES WHO SAW THE SAME THING

McGinty
7th May 2005, 19:30
You must be absolutely breathless, having to talk in capitals like that.

Why don't you sit down for a few minutes to get composed and have a nice cup of tea? Maybe a nice sleep afterwards would help too.

ComJam
7th May 2005, 19:35
If you were pax, how do you know it was reported to ATC? Did you report it?

Did you SHOUT that as well?? :D

Globaliser
7th May 2005, 20:02
McGinty: You must be absolutely breathless, having to talk in capitals like that.No, I think his computer has a problem. ;) It's fine to type normally into the title box, but every time it starts typing into the body of the post, ALL CAPS comes on. Same for every single post of this poster's, as far as I can see.

Jerricho
7th May 2005, 20:37
http://files.politicalbrief.com/i_want_to_believe-web.jpg

Takan Inchovit
8th May 2005, 05:53
No, I think his computer has a problem. It's fine to type normally into the title box, but every time it starts typing into the body of the post, ALL CAPS comes on. Same for every single post of this poster's, as far as I can see.

whEn yoU dont kNow exActly wherE tO pUt the caPitaLs, it iS eAsier to TyPe eVerYthing wIth the CapS loCk on. :}

iT's a goOD thiNg i donT hAve tHat prOblem.

stillin1
8th May 2005, 06:12
I suspekt that yur spullchekker dusnt work iether.
Did the object looh like a flap or a FLAP?
Where on the south coast were you?
Whick way were you looking?
What is the witness' name, address and phone number?
Are you feeling a little calmer now?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"CAN ASSURE YOU IS NOT IMMAGINATION.THERE ARE WITNESSES WHO SAW THE SAME THING"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We believe you - FLAPS and IMmAGINATION look completely different and FLAPS don't usually HURTLE (even late in the afternoon):sad:

Takan Inchovit
8th May 2005, 07:51
I WOULD SAY AT AN ANGLE OF 45 DEGREES

i wOuld say tHat 45 deGreEs iS tOo mUch eXtenSion foR a fLap. iT waS pRobaBly a paRaglider.

Loose rivets
8th May 2005, 08:47
CAN ASSURE YOU IS NOT IMMAGINATION.THERE ARE WITNESSES WHO SAW THE SAME THING

How do you know that you didn't imagine the witnesses?:confused:

Load Toad
8th May 2005, 09:10
Are you sure it was 45o and not 37o? Or 64o? Cos I've got a WITNESS who didn't see exactly the same thing; he thought it was a kettle. But he was looking east with a cap on.

Tonic Please
8th May 2005, 10:54
Maybe it was the flap of another aeroplane :D

They've landed!:ugh: (I mean the aliens, but i expect the plane has too now) :}

Onan the Clumsy
8th May 2005, 12:24
Well if you have to ask "Was It A Flap" and say "IT WAS HURTLING TOWARDS THE GROUND"

Then it was, by definition a ufo

The intruiging corollory being that if you could identify it as a ufo, it would, equally by definition, no longer be a ufo.

:8

tony draper
8th May 2005, 12:29
Surely it should be reclassified as a Unidentified Falling Object.
More to the point did you experience any time loss,and is yer bum sore?.
:uhoh:

acbus1
8th May 2005, 13:00
I see your point, but if it was a flap, then that would make it an Identified Lifting Object.

Solid Rust Twotter
8th May 2005, 13:14
Don't know what you're all flapping about....

Aliens pee Avgas and taste like chicken.

Lon More
8th May 2005, 14:24
I thought this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171893) was the cause of most of the flap in Ireland at the moment:*

stillin1
8th May 2005, 15:55
OH MY GOD - FLAPS - there spreading.
I've just found one in the back door and the cat HURTLED through it, heading south and at a 90 degree angle.

I tell you - it's not my IMMAGINATION- it really was a cat & I've got the WITNESS too. The devious bast**ds,
I'm getting out of here WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME!!! :uhoh:

Jerricho
8th May 2005, 15:57
I wonder if M'am Forty's ears are burning at the moment :E

timmcat
8th May 2005, 18:10
Welcome to Jetblast timgad :E

Paterbrat
8th May 2005, 18:18
Friend of mine in the same company was once Northbound in a BAC 111 just approaching the heel of Italy when he and the co-pilot saw a droptank come down and whizzing past. Hardly unidentified I know but gave them something to talk about for a bit.

Incipient Sinner
8th May 2005, 18:44
Maybe the 'UFO' wasn't flying, just falling with style.

Paterbrat
8th May 2005, 18:53
CFIT by UFO. PIC locked with SIC in AGRR (antigrav reproroom) creating the CC (cruise crew) for the EP (extended patrol).

Loose rivets
8th May 2005, 20:48
Did you SHOUT that as well?

No, THIS is shouting. Resistance is useless

seriously though folks, what about CRM....arn't we supposed to LISTEN? There's probably some poor s*d, lying impaled to the ground in a field East of somewhere. And nobody misses him...or the flap. How would we all feel? Oh dear....well off to the pub then.

Blacksheep
9th May 2005, 12:12
What colour was it?

Flaps are usually pink.

The story reminds me of the time a Big Airways 747 lost a TE Flap section on approach to Montreal. It landed in a lady's garden and in her interview with the press she said "They told me it was a piece of a wing flap, but it looked more like a whole wing to me."

That drop tank someone mentioned might have really been a 152 with the wing fallen off...

Ontariotech
9th May 2005, 12:24
My wife has pink flaps, and are they the greatest flaps in the world or what.

Eh?...Nudge nudge wink wink.....say no more.

Lon More
9th May 2005, 12:32
Ontariotech -groan - time for you to leave; as they say, the best of friends must part

eal401
9th May 2005, 12:39
I think it is about time "professional" was removed from this website's name!

panda-k-bear
9th May 2005, 13:34
Quite so, eal, and perhaps remove pilot whilst we're at it.

THis CuLd BEECume The MisPeLLuNG n ABuSE of inGLiSh RoumURE NitWork. OrE BALLCOCK for short (See Im a'S GUd At sPeLLuNg a's Th'e RIst!!!!)

Oh my God - my neighbour's got mudflaps on his Landrover. These mysterious flaps is getting everywhere. He's witnessed his mudflaps as well. I've got a WITNESS.

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 20:34
The first thing to land on the runway at Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok airport was a section of flap which fell from a Cathay Pacific B747. It landed absolutely spot on the numbers of the westerly runway. The rest of the aircraft continued to Kai Tak, where the flap should have gone, too, had the outer hinge not broken off on the approach!

I flew it back to Kai Tak, upside down and backwards, sticking out both doors of the Blackhawk, as it was too long to fit inside the cabin.

ComJam
9th May 2005, 23:20
Ahh, you've gotta love flap stories........

I like big, split, foul-her flaps :D

Not so keen on droop leading edges though ;)

ShyTorque
9th May 2005, 23:53
What's even worse are those rear airbrakes that some older types have ...... :yuk:

Takan Inchovit
10th May 2005, 00:39
pErsOnally, i PreFer hafFing a hAndbrAke. :}