PDA

View Full Version : Saving user name etc

Loose rivets
7th May 2005, 17:18
Hi

We altered something that stopped my user name and password being saved. EDIT. Seems to be closing Explorer is the deciding factor.

I have been through Tools – Internet options, and even set restore defaults but still have to type the lot in again. 'Advanced' then words to the effect of 'dump the temp files on closing browser' is NOT ticked

It used to be that all I had to type was L for instance, and it offered the rest. Windows still offers the box for saving password – but pressing the button is futile, to use a Vogon word

LR

spekesoftly
7th May 2005, 19:33
Suggest you look at the 'AutoComplete' setting:-

Tools > Internet Options > Content > Personal Information > AutoComplete >

Tick the Box 'User names and passwords .... '

Loose rivets
8th May 2005, 08:15
No luck., that's ticked okay.

It's surprising how many times i have to do this in an evening! I MUST get a life.:p

EDIT : I have just tried it again. Go HOME out of pprune, then restart pprune, and there I am. Go HOME then close the explorer...open it again and call up pprune and I'm gone
:ugh:

sprocket
8th May 2005, 08:30
Have you adjusted the cookie setting? If so, unadjust it.

effortless
8th May 2005, 08:53
Ditch IE and use Opera. More secure, easier to vclear caches and the password wand is wonderful.OPERA (http://www.opera.com/download/)

Loose rivets
8th May 2005, 09:13
Aaaaahhhhh Still doing it, or not, whichever way you look at it.

Tried the slider from one end to tuther. There is nothing in the windows\cookies folder. Or indeed int the windows\Temp\cookies folder.....except the index a 16k DAT file

I will have a look at Opera thanks, but I don't like to be beaten. Still, it's 04:10 here so I'm off to me bed. LR

Loose rivets
10th May 2005, 04:37
I don't believe it!!!!!

Finally I looked behind the PC, and there was a huge brass, double-ganged, spring-loaded knife switch. Up=allow cookies, down=kill cookies. I moved it up, and all was okay.

Okay, I made that up. But it would have been a lot less embarrassing than the real reason.

A certain person altered the settings, not of IE, but of Earthlink Protection. No sign anywhere else of what was going on.:=