PDA

View Full Version : qantas cc uk

fun-k
7th May 2005, 12:22
Hello everyone out there...........just wanted to know how the new Heathrow Base is going for you all..........i worked for cabin crew jk for a couple of weeks and left cause there was hardly any work out there........and the money was really bad.....just wanted to know if things have picked up???

OZcabincrew
7th May 2005, 16:29
hi

what is cabin crew jk? i presume you meant cabin crew UK? if so, what are you doing now?

peanut pusher
9th May 2005, 07:06
no work????? must of been another company. I was called out of catogory 3 times last month. O/T coming out our ears.

Any one seen the new rosters, what the ????
4 day slips in HKG & SIN ??? toooo good to last, my roster was 176 for the 2 month period. No 230 hr rosters this time for the rumour mill

DEFCON4
9th May 2005, 07:14
High costs,poor utilization,low hour rosters..bye bye LHR Base.Son of Dick says no cost saving no base.

ozskipper
9th May 2005, 12:45
I Disagree

The current roster (bid period 237) saw an increase in flying hours available, especially for BFirst F/A's. However, overtime was on a voluntary basis.

Flying hours seem to have levelled out at approximately 183 hrs for bid period 238.

We are basically working at 1 trip per week (3 days off and 4 days on - although you do get home early on the 4th day).

There are some nice HKG & SIN trips with 63 - 87 hour slips respectively. Not bad.

As for the money being bad - well its comparable to what other airlines pay over here. I agree it's certainly not as lucrative as our wage back in Australia (comparatively to cost of living etc), but it's ok.

Whether the LHR base remains as a long term venture or not, the fact remains that it exists at the moment and a lot of the posts of doom & gloom on here are absolute rubbish.

Can we please give it up and find something else to discuss. I'm sure that the non-QF members on here are sick and tired of hearing QF staff go on and on about it.

Edited by Mod in a no doubt vain attempt to keep the temperature down before yet another QF punch up gets started

Postscript: This post was not intended to provoke or inflame the current fragile environment, merely an expression of frustration at the continual flogging of a well and truely dead horse!

Pro Golfer 69
9th May 2005, 23:31
Those hours for A/C's will jump to 230 out of LHR if QF introduces an additional F/A into economy. There's some utilisation for you! Those long HKG slips will vanish in November when QF29/30 goes to 4 times weekly.

jakejet
10th May 2005, 00:03
Hey Ozskipper, people can discuss this as long as they want on the the same subject, if you want to start a topic about another airline, then please do so,there is a lot of crap on this forum about subjects that dont interest me, so I dont read it.
If people are passionate about something, let them discuss it, after all this is a FORUM.

ozskipper
10th May 2005, 09:04
I'm not suggesting that this isn't a forum to discuss issues.

What I'm suggesting that perhaps we can stop flogging a dead issue and move onto something else (particularly when a lot of the information being posted just simply isn't correct).

It's just incredibly frustrating and disheartening to read posts from our colleagues about how terrible the base is, how bad we are and that it's never going to work. It would be nice to see some encouraging posts from Australia.

In any event, point taken, but I'd still like to see us discuss something else rather than the "failing" LHR base.

Ozskipper holds out cat-o-nine-tails and waits for the floggings to continue

hugh grant
10th May 2005, 09:04
hi guys
just jetted in from dubrovnik in my stand down not as much fun as having lunch with a few old boilers from double Bay reminiscing about the good ol' days but it was ok.
saw a page three article in SYD Sun Herald saying that the faaa is directing the membership to take extreme strike action if the girls aren't issued with fish net stockings and the boys don't get flowing orlando bloom tie-dye batik t-shirts that "breathe".
there may be no caps on OS employment for Australian airlines cabin crew and they can now canabazlise what long haul flying is left - but the boys at the new office in mascot have got their priorities right

Machinegun Fellatio
10th May 2005, 09:51
Careful You Grunt you may not have a job to come back to.Don`t crow too loudly you may destroy what sympathy you have left.Believe me it aint much.
Jetted in from Dubrovnik.....oh please!

hugh grant
10th May 2005, 20:38
'What do we want?'
"fish net stockings!'
'When do we want them?'
'Now!'

and some big sheila's blouses for the union execs to wear at the next EBA negotiations

the company may be forcing L/H fas onto their knees -but at least they won't be laddering...can the picture get any smaller?

Mr Seatback 2
11th May 2005, 07:20
Oh MGF

I just loved that witty retort of yours. If no one else does, loving your work mate!

r3please
11th May 2005, 07:26
Well said MGF, I would like to add... 'and stay there' to the end of your comment.

TightSlot
11th May 2005, 08:29
MGF's comments weren't witty or perceptive - They were infantile and abusive. Sadly, all too often in the anti-QF camp, that seems to be what passes for rational debate.

It takes thought and care to make an intelligent post that adds to a debate - any moron can post personal abuse. Since MGF has now removed any doubt he/she is now threadbanned.

:rolleyes:

r3please
11th May 2005, 09:50
I find Hugh Janus's comments offensive, how about banning him/her/it?

MGF you know what to do!

Agreed, for once - and while we're taking out the trash, take a threadban for your continued support of MGF despite the warning!

hugh grant
11th May 2005, 09:56
what is the aust based cabin crews' opinion of the in -flight support team and EP instructors that have been up here in london these last few months bringing the LHR crew up to speed?
make no mistake - these people are facilitators enablers - collaborators that are making the LHR base the brilliant place it is to work
they cannot hide behind the Nuremburg defence, "I was only following orders.."
are there senior faaa members awaiting at a/c doors to roundly abuse these traitors who would assist the selfish bastards that opted for the london option?
I can just imagine Andy Ross being frog marched to the new union office -put up against the freshly painted wasabi walls and shot at dawn
(we've just celebrated VE day up here - all collaborators were shot or shaved -will give the union officials something to do, somebody to hate , before their next BIG idea........maybe strangle cllaborators with silk stockings....
"What do we want? silk stockings...when...?"

ps sorry I missed MGF's witty reply ...pearls no doubt wasted on a swine like me?

DEFCON4
11th May 2005, 09:57
While the Moderators on this forum do a fantastic job...well.. what is good for the goose...I too find hugh grants comments both unhelpful and inflammatory.
Perhaps if we call HG a gussett that maybe more acceptable.Better still close the thread...its run its course

TightSlot
11th May 2005, 10:11
hugh grant now forum banned. Thread stays open on the off chance that somebody may want to make a useful contribution to an important debate, and also to avoid the subsequently inevitable accusations that moderators are "scab" supporters or members of QF management. :zzz:

Summer is here for us Northern Hemisphere folk, and my roster is very busy to say the least. This means I have less time to tolerate silliness from the usul suspects. My finger is quivering over the "Ban" button for several people - indulge in abuse at your peril.

TightSlot
11th May 2005, 23:58
jakejet - post deleted and forum banned

Next, please...

cartexchange
14th May 2005, 08:01
ohhhh how they dangle the carrot for you guys.
I hope that you do get a permanent position, keep on trying but do not accept bad conditions, you have done the right thing, you will be rewarded.
I hope though you werent one of those S***BS they employed before xmas during our EBA dispute