PDA

View Full Version : EG300 - What is it

Phibes
7th May 2005, 09:19
I'm an aviation student studying (among other exciting topics) labour - relations with regard to BA and cabin crew (two-tier pay scales, changes to pension deals and even different retirement ages based on when joined !!), and in the AMICUS w/site i find reference to EG300 - can anyone

a) comment on the abve points
b) Tell me what EG300 is ?

Cheers - ND

Preppy
7th May 2005, 09:47
1. Are you looking at the correct website? A majority of cabin crew are members of BASSA (www.bassa.co.uk)

2. EG 300 is the famous AMP :O

----------------------------

Principles

Employees are required under the Terms and Conditions of their employment to maintain an acceptable level of attendance. If an employee fails to maintain an acceptable level of attendance it may become necessary to take action.
British Airways will regularly monitor absence levels of all employees in order to address issues as they arise and aim to act reasonably at all times and taking account of all the circumstances including compliance with any relevant legislation in place.

To ensure that this policy is applied consistently, Line Managers should seek advice at relevant stages from PeopleManager Advice.

This Policy is split into 5 sections:

Section 1 Reporting Absence and Related Procedures
Section 2 Accompaniment, Timescales and Appeals Procedure
Section 3 Absence Management Process
Section 4 Managing Absence which exceeds 21 consecutive days or absence which affects an employee’s ability to work for medical reasons
Section 5 Misconduct - dealt with under EG901
-------------------------------------------

and it goes on and on and on.........
:O

Phibes
7th May 2005, 10:03
Tks - very comprehensive !! - Do you think willie Walsh will be a more cabin/crew-friendly CEO? :-)