PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada horror story

AOG-YYZ
7th May 2005, 02:15
I heard a horror story today, concerning Air Canada. It includes misinformation on connections, lost and rifled baggage and a lice infestation.

A couple, clebrating a 30 wedding anniversary, booked a flight to Tampa from Manchester via Heathrow and Toronto. BD had checked the bags through to TPA. Couple were told to collect bags at YYZ to clear Canada and US customs. Bags didn't show. AC told them that bags had been transfered to TPA flight. Then pax were told that the next flgt to TPA was not until morning and that they had been told this when booking. Pax had booked a two night stay, pre-cruise hotel, and now had to lose one night and pay for Toronto hotel.

Arriving at TPA, sans baggage, they were promised their bags before the cruise. Bags never did show. Post cruise and still no bags, couple stayed 8 days in Florida, visiting Busch Gardens and Disney, still no bags. Air Canada now said that the bags had never reached Toronto. This was a lie.

Returning home through YYZ our couple lodged a claim with AC for their lost bags. When exiting the baggage hall they spotted their bags against a wall. The bags had been forced open and expensive personal effects and items had been stolen. AC refused to call the police saying that the claim will suffice. Pax called police themselves and lodged a complaint.

Flying back to Heathrow that night, the lady asked for a blanket for the overnight flight. After awhile she noticed something crawling on the blanket. Upon closer inspection she saw it was a louse and it was not alone. She contracted a lice infestation.

What a nightmare flight. I'm no longer surprised at the attitude of the present Air Canada staff having experience it firsthand myself. Dirty aircraft, surly staff, endless waits to be gated and waits of an hour and longer for bags to arrive at the carousel. Air Canada is fortunate that they have no competition in Canada and it can only be a matter of time before they're in financial difficulty again.

mymymy
7th May 2005, 02:35
Where is the link???

Zzzzzzzz:zzz:

Alpha Leader
7th May 2005, 04:17
Fly Manchester to Tampa via Heathrow and Toronto - that's looking for trouble with baggage in my book. :}

mr Q
7th May 2005, 07:21
"When exiting the baggage hall they spotted their bags against a wall. The bags had been forced open and expensive personal effects and items had been stolen....."
What a remarkable coincidence !!!Baggage (STILL) in the baggage hall , against a wall (minor detail to authenticate story), spotted by the no doubt outraged victims (insult added to injury!!)....
Add the louse infestation (yet more injury and insult) and we must surely be in the top 3 on the Urban Myths Top 10 by now..
Or am I being too cynical ?????
Surely even Air Canada cannot be THAT bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr A Tis
7th May 2005, 08:59
MAN Tampa via LHR & YYZ ? who on earth would pick this route?
No shortage of flights MAN- Orlando & drive over in about half the time.
Never flown AC so can't comment, always found them to be more expensive than virtually any other carrier.

PAXboy
7th May 2005, 14:33
None of this rings true.

Jerricho
7th May 2005, 15:07
I've used Air Canada many times and they have been great.

The story does sound like bullsh*t though. The bags didn't turn up for 8 days, yet are magically in the baggage hall in YYZ when they get there, open for all to see. Yeah right. Lady "notices" something moving and sees a louse on the blanket. Must have been a pretty big louse. Mr Q, I don't think you're cynical at all.

PaperTiger
7th May 2005, 16:36
I heard a horror story today.Says about all we need to know, I think. Twice-told tales etc. etc.

604guy
7th May 2005, 17:35
I saw those bags my last trip through YYZ!! What drew my attention to them was Elvis standing right there next to them as big as life. No really......

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.....the aliens made me do it. Now that is REALLY true. :}

Inuksuk
7th May 2005, 20:12
Certainly, I've heard our service levels have been reduced, but not to this level.

If this is true, then it is a deep embarrassment to everyone at Air Canada...and suggest making immediate claims to the management seeking redress.

Incidentally, I have non-revved a couple of times in the very recent past, and the flight attendants were surly, but as for lice on cleaned blankets...well, even I find that hard to believe.

PPRuNe Radar
7th May 2005, 20:36
As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.,

Jerricho
7th May 2005, 21:06
Yeah, you can't trust that bugga PPRuNe Radar :E ;)

Tan
7th May 2005, 23:55
AOG-YYZ

What a load of crap what have you been smoking?

Ontariotech
8th May 2005, 00:52
He has been smoking crap as far as I can see. This thread should be locked and removed from the board.

Jacamar
8th May 2005, 01:45
Or works for West Jet

MarkD
8th May 2005, 04:46
I note that AOG-YYZ is on the record that MAN and YYZ T1-2 are his worst places to fly from...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1137760#post1137760

Tan
8th May 2005, 14:58
Yeah it’s too bad that you can’t sue some idiots for submitting stupid slanderous posts..

Final 3 Greens
8th May 2005, 16:23
Tan

(a) you can
(b) it's libel, not slander

Monty77
8th May 2005, 18:35
Idiots
Stupid
Slanderous

We're waiting. Go ahead and justify what you posted.

TightSlot
9th May 2005, 06:27
I was just doing a block of flights for a couple of days and took my eye off PPRuNE. Come back to the real world, log on and what do I find? This...!

Have to say that I don't think there is going to be a follow up post, so I've closed this thread, and will watch it sink to the bottom gradually. Where there are lice there is often bull****.