PDA

View Full Version : Spanish fly cheaper on Easyjet

sky9
6th May 2005, 19:54
Has anyone else noticed that Easyjet charge different prices if you use their Spanish link rather than the English link on their home page.

I was looking at going to Almeria return and got a reasonable price on the first leg followed by a high price for the return.
Going to the Spanish link for the return managed a brilliant price only a third of the English link.

It would appear that lo cost depends on the language you speak. In my view that is discrimination. So much for the EU.

IB4138
7th May 2005, 06:46
It is exactly the opposite with Jet2. Their fares in Euro are higher than the £ equivalent.

Also it is high time the loco's started to aim parts of their sites at people living outside of the UK, when it comes to offers and add ons. There are quite a lot of us who use their services!

storm_animal
7th May 2005, 10:11
If you go via the spanish link all their prices are in Euros

and the UK in £s. Maybe thats why!?!

NCLRULES
7th May 2005, 10:18
Well I imagine sky9 would of converted it into Pounds from Euros.

Oshkosh George
7th May 2005, 14:36
If you go via the spanish link all their prices are in Euros

The price in Euros would(probably)be a higher number,so he MUST have converted into pounds. Doh!!!!

IB4138
7th May 2005, 15:14
storm_animal

£17 does not equate to 29 euro...no matter how hard you try!

effortless
7th May 2005, 15:30
I would have thought that spanish fly was hard to find anywhere these days.

Oshkosh George
7th May 2005, 19:46
I put in dates in August for Gatwick-Almeria. I got £90.49 on the English site for the return leg,and 131 Euros for the return leg on the Spanish site.

Therefore almost exactly the same!

phil_2405
7th May 2005, 20:55
I guess because the prices are quoted in different currencies, there will also be minor differences.

sky9
8th May 2005, 19:28
When I checked a price in the middle of August on the sector Almeria Gatwick it was about 37 euros and 97 pounds.

Oshkosh George
8th May 2005, 20:24
Just checked it again for the date I tried(11th August),and it's STILL 131 Euros!

Maybe prices vary day by day,just as the UK site does(it's a Thursday),but it's still a huge difference to 37 Euros.

Perhaps Easy can tell I'm actually UK based! You must be disguising your IP Sky9!