PDA

View Full Version : any financial advantages when loaning in the Netherlands and being employed in the UK

BP_stijn
6th May 2005, 19:50
Hi all,

I have a question about borrwing money for a pilot training. EPST (Dutch FTO) trains his pilots at OAT. The required money is borrowed from a Dutch bank. If you borrow money in the Netherlands for study reasons, you pay the yearly interests of the loan but one can ask back this amount of money from the Dutch state. This is quite an advantage considering the amount of money which is lend (more than 120.000 euros): after 3 years the monthly interest is about 500 euros.

Can anyone tell me how this is arranged in the UK? I ask this because there is a considerable chance of being employed in the UK if you attend a pilot training @ EPST

best regards

Stijn

Flypuppy
6th May 2005, 20:00
To be able to reclaim the interest on the loan you must remain under the Dutch tax system.

You cannot reclaim anything from the British tax system.

BP_stijn
6th May 2005, 20:06
Aren't you obliged to pay taxes in the country you are employed?

Badgast
7th May 2005, 18:44
It's not possible anymore to deduct your payed interest from your payed taxes. What is possible in the Netherlands, is deducting your study expenses from your payed taxes in the Netherlands. So when you have a high paid office job or something else, you can get a lot of your paid flying expenses back from the tax office! That's why I'm really thinking of getting a job with my masters next year, work like a maniac, and do my training modular in the holidays. It will take longer than training with epst and way less chance of a job, but financially it's a better way of training for me.