PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher training/license

soares
6th May 2005, 19:25
I there...
I am working as a dispatcher for an european airline, however, as many of you, I was given training by the company, that is not approved by the national administration.

Can you tell me where can I pursue a course that will, eventually, allow me to pass an exam in order to achieve a license to work legaly.

Best regards,

Soares

Flip Flop Flyer
9th May 2005, 13:19
Do you speak Danish?

If so, the Danish College of Aviation does a very fancy 6 months, 460ish hours, FOOL (Flight Operations Officer License - Flyveklarercertifikat in Danish should you need to know) course. Did it back in '91 at the cost of DKK 15.000 (roughly UKP 1500). Back then the final test was basically the same as for the old D-license, suppose it's called ATPL these days. Have heard the price has since gone up to DKK 60.000, as the course is no longer subsidised by the government, or roughly the same as a PPL :eek:

Very comprehensive course, albeit the 90 odd hours of Met classes left me a tad pale ;) Upon completion of the 6 months of ground school one needed 3 months on the job training with a certified Operations Centre; for DK that means SAS, Sterling or Maersk Air only. I did mine with SAS, which they didn't charge you for. On the other hand, they didn't pay you either. Anyway, at the end of it all you'd be given a "FOOL" which, luckily, never expires :E

no sig
10th May 2005, 08:44
Now thats the way it should be!

Opssys
10th May 2005, 09:52
Concur with no sig. That is how it should be in the UK
Opssys

soares
12th May 2005, 10:06
Well those were good options, but the problem is that I am working at the moment so going to the USA is not an option and dutch is out of my league.

Do you know if there are any of those courses in Europe or through distance learning?

Best regards, and thank you for the answers.

Flip Flop Flyer
12th May 2005, 11:58
Danish, mate, not Dutch. I've been told they sound similar to Johnny Foreigner, but I can assure you it's not the same language; Danish is much harder to learn :E

no sig
12th May 2005, 17:50
The Glasgow College of Nautical Studies offer the ICAO FOO as a distanbce learning course, see their website for details.

nooky
13th May 2005, 06:06
SOARES
Follow COOLGUY's advice
"Try Avtech 2000 , this course is also equivelent to the ICAO ops officer and flight dispatcher license.

You ll get the City and Guilds Certificate course end of the course once you complete all the modules."

The AVTECH 2000 course is a distance learning course and it is a good course.

soares
19th May 2005, 18:47
Thank you all for your help.

The problem is tha I am outside the UK at the moment, and therefore donīt know if the certificate that those courses offer is enough for an equivelent CAA license.

Howerver do you know if for the FAA license, there are any testes, and if so, if there is also, as for the pilots, a certain preparation material for the exam?

Best regards,

Soares

Who'stheDaddy
20th May 2005, 08:31
Soares,

Plenty of tests for the FAA licence.

Pre test. Computerised multi choice
then test on wx, notams, FAA regs, MEL/CDL, p&p, manual flt planning + lots more.

Have a look at:
www.dispatcher.org
lists schools, tranining material and loadsa other info

www.sheffield.com
Very good school (biased cos i studied there!)

Gliem ATPL book
(available on amazon)

WTD