PDA

View Full Version : Austrian 777 repaint

newscaster
6th May 2005, 17:38
OS will be getting their first 777 from Lauda Air in Austrian colours sometime this month, keep a look out.

OE-LAU
7th May 2005, 09:44
Are you sure?
To my knowledge the plan was to do cabin-rebranding and the retrofit of overhead-crewrest (for -PA and -PB) during spring and exterior re-branding (the new Austrian-c/s) for all three B777 in autumn.
When did these plans change??

OE-LAU.

newscaster
7th May 2005, 15:13
I guess they changed plans, first it was due in April-May 2004 and then May 2005 and now its Autumn.

Bristol_Traveller
12th Oct 2005, 11:06
Hello,

I travelled on a repainted B777-200 yesterday/today. OE-LPC (Don Bradman) is in Austrian livery (not Lauda, as last time I flew it) and it's the trademark blue and green interior.

I wasn't that taken. It's nice, but a bit, erm, pastel-ly.

The seats in Biz still aren't flat, and still don't have laptop power (despite Austrian Customer Services saying it would...).

More to the point, LPC went tech at KUL on the way out to SYD, and ended up cancelling the KUL-SYD-KUL rotation. Apparently it was a "problem with the toilets". 342 annoyed customers waiting 5 hours for confirmation of the cancellation (pilot's hours exceeded) and a lot of rebooking.

Could have been worse. I think OS handled it OK. But that extra B777 they just bought would have come in handy.

BTW - why have OE-LPA and OE-LPB got 344 seats, but LPC's got 342? Bigger toilet?