PDA

View Full Version : easyJet announcement in June

ProfJackRabbit
6th May 2005, 13:12
Heard that we'll be getting some kind of easyJet announcement/news in mid June (13/14/15). What's it all about anyone know?

Doug the Head
6th May 2005, 16:10
Good news or bad news?

HOODED
6th May 2005, 16:55
Could be a buyout of Jet2! It has been rumored.

JobsaGoodun
6th May 2005, 17:17
Could they be announcing the launch of the winter schedule. Most LCC's tend to do this around June time.

LTNman
6th May 2005, 17:21
Easyjet have made big announcements in the past then quietly don’t implement them. Still waiting for the 3 extra LTN based aircraft that was announced last autumn.

Doug the Head
6th May 2005, 17:22
Heard several rumours that DTM isnīt doing too well.

Anybody know more?

ProfJackRabbit
6th May 2005, 18:36
DTM is improving.
There were rumours that some planes would be based in NCE, not sure if that is going anywhere.
I get the impression mid-June will be more than 'only' a route/base announcement.

Orange In Cider
6th May 2005, 19:09
Could be nothing to do with route network. Could be something more fundamental in terms of structure or leadership?

HH6702
6th May 2005, 19:16
Ive heard that NCL is getting upto 8 new routes from october.
Looks like up to 3 extra aircraft?

anybody heard anything about this

GrahamK
6th May 2005, 19:21
Another based a/c in NCL with routes to MAD and FAO with extra flights to ALC is what I've heard

pinhammond
6th May 2005, 21:02
I have heard that there is speculation in the company about converting some of their future orders into A320's

terrywilcox
7th May 2005, 23:18
There is a big meeting in Sheffield in late May,which is being attended by Easyjet boss. The meeting is arranged by Yorkshire Forward,and is being attended by a dozen or so regional French carriers and others. The meeting is around the new Robin Hood Airport Doncaster Sheffield (DSA). It is widely expected that Easyjet are interested in flying from DSA. Could be anything else but the chronology fits.

dwlpl
7th May 2005, 23:47
Same meeting was held in Liverpool last (?) summer.

I think the meeting was set up by Liverpool Airport/Peel Airports and had a few airlines serving France and French Airports reps in attendance.

Caslance
8th May 2005, 06:50
Do you mean this meeting (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/4218115.stm) , Terry? The one you mentioned on the Finningley thread a few months back?

It's not quite as you're portraying it, is it? No mention of "a dozen or so French regional carriers", for one thing.

Come to think of it, are there a dozen or so French regional carriers?

Your enthusiasm for Friar Tuck International is commendable, but you should beware when it reaches the point of zealotry and starts to bend the facts to suit. :ok:

RAT 5
8th May 2005, 08:24
To widen the speculation even further, what about a base in Nice, as had always been thought a good idea, but this time in conjunction with Easy Cruise. Now that the boat is on the water I'm sure Stelios would like to seduce punters down there with attractive combined prices. If pax book his boat and airplanes at last minute it will be very expensive and thus may sink the venture.

Doug the Head
8th May 2005, 10:12
Heard simular rumours about that, but be honest RAT 5, EZY...good ideas...going hand in hand...? :hmm:

Can you imagine the waitinglist for a base in NCE?? :eek: :)

RAT 5
8th May 2005, 21:30
Dougie,

The Nice rumour was years ago, around the same time as Malaga. Missed the boat on both occaisions, although in my mind they are both still open to consideration. I take your point about jolining the queue. Indeed, it would seem for any UK aircrew the lure of a continental base is irresistable.
Reasons on a postcard.

FormerFlyer
9th May 2005, 08:03
No let's not wait and see.

Let's continue with endless speculation of the latest rumour we've heard or made up - it's so much more fun!

cheers ;)
FF

stalling attitude
9th May 2005, 08:21
Actually you are all wrong. It is to announce my promotion to CEO. the city won't be very happy with the huge pay increases i plan to implement or the 50% rosters i'm going to give everyone

WATABENCH
9th May 2005, 09:00
Could this be an announcement about 321s as there is a thread going on the rumours area about EZY and 321s?

Doug the Head
9th May 2005, 09:18
Nope, A330īs with a base in the Caribbean!! :)

kooyheier
9th May 2005, 10:23
I thought they were looking at replacing al the 319's with 747's because business is going so well:rolleyes:

WATABENCH
9th May 2005, 10:54
Maybe its an order for 100 A380s:E

terrywilcox
9th May 2005, 11:06
caslance,thing i got wrong is 35 reps from french reg airports ,and reps for 10 lowcos. delegates have arrived in sheffield and the boss of easyjet is attending. This is a fact,but we can form our own conclusions.

RAT 5
9th May 2005, 18:25
Could RW being following MOL's concept of an open auction to future destinations/bases? Whoever gives me the best deal, there I will go. Beware! A good deal on costs is useless without passengers.

eurostar builder
9th May 2005, 18:38
Its 10 routes from Bournemouth

Dortmund
Geneva
Praugue
Rome
Copenhagen
Toulouse
Athens
Aberdeen
Madrid
Nice

:O :O :ok: :O :O

Doug the Head
9th May 2005, 18:52
Could RW being following MOL's concept of an open auction to future destinations/bases? Whoever gives me the best deal, there I will go. Beware! A good deal on costs is useless without passengers. True, thatīs why the rumour goes that DTM is not performing very well.

girtbar
9th May 2005, 19:42
its our 10th Birthday, i think its going to be lots of promotional stuff, prizes and fun.

After that we are going to buy SouthWest, order 100 A380's and give Virgin Galatica a run for their money!

<---GirtBar--->

ProfJackRabbit
9th May 2005, 20:02
Ok I enjoyed the speculation, keep it coming. :D
Seems it's an order for some more A319s. It's also the week of the Paris air show.

LTNman
9th May 2005, 20:21
Britannia are going to vacate hangar 89 which is the hangar next to the terminal at Luton and Easyjet are going to move in.

Shaka Zulu
9th May 2005, 21:20
Thats a little more than a rumour LTNMan.....

anyway my reasonable safe bet is that negotiations are on the way of making either Marseille or Lyon a base.
Definite talks about a 2nd base in France.
And yes the outflow would be impressive! Except only Bus rated guys can go grrrrrr

monkey lover
9th May 2005, 21:27
And heres me thinking they were going to announce buying Olympic Airways !!!!

Buster the Bear
9th May 2005, 21:44
If, as has been stated on here, the lo-co's are buying new airframes at well below the list price, selling them moments after their arrival onto the fleet at makers list price to leasing firms, pocketing the difference to enhance quarterly stock market statements, then leasing the airframe back at list price rather than the cheaper delivery price, it is a no brainer, extra airframes!

Once the cycle is broken it could be said, so is the airline?

Buster buys a car for Ģ100, but gets finance for Ģ200 and pockets the Ģ100 difference then wastes it. Long-term finance is then based upon Ģ200, not Ģ100. Short term or what!

Anyway, what do bears know?

My guess is more planes.....lots and lots, plenty per reporting quarter and then let folk 5-10 years down the line worry, but only if these rumours are true?

http://static.zsl.org/images/width150/bear-04-web-305.jpg

Buster the Bear
11th May 2005, 19:46
What is the weather like in Singapore during June?

A clue for you all!

Nakata77
11th May 2005, 20:54
maybe they are going to buy out Thomsonfly and HLX. A great way to expand UK & German coverage...

by the way the weather in Singapore is usually HOT, WET and THUNDERY in June. 38 degrees celcius. Overcast. Sticky. Uncomfortable. Humid. Heavy. With light hot winds.

I doubt its got anything to do with easyJet

Buster the Bear
11th May 2005, 21:22
So Singapore has nothing to do with easyJet currently, but in June........., well what do bears know, someone has to maintain their jets though!

Speedtape
11th May 2005, 22:57
At last :ok: Someone on this forum that has half a clue what they're talking about ;) Buster is on the ball :)

Kalium Chloride
12th May 2005, 08:49
read something on ati yesterday connecting singapore with bournemouth (isn't that a Brit seaside town?) and U2, is that close to the truth buster? :ooh:

phil_2405
12th May 2005, 09:21
BASCO is at Bournemouth and is part of the Singapore Technologies Aerospace group I believe.

http://www.staero.aero/basco.html

Situated at the Bournemouth International Airport in the south of England, UK, BASCO provides maintenance and modification services on commercial narrow-body and wide-body aircraft including B727, B737, B757, A300, A310, A319, A320, and A321.

Speedtape
13th May 2005, 13:54
Thats them.:* Just don't let them have any of your aircraft unless you can do without them for a long while or don't mind getting them back more knackered than when they went in:*

no, no, no
13th May 2005, 16:03
Buster - are you talking about the suspected link between Tiger Airways and easyjet???

Or is this the one where they will create another SIN based aircraft to compete with Tiger (which if I'm right is looked after by ex baby Tony Davis???) And I had heard that this was going to be Malaysian, not Singapore, but sell it as a SIN option???!!??!

ezpz
13th May 2005, 17:08
I have a feeling it's A321's. Overhead something I shouldn't have the other day and was told to watch this space.

We are short enough of crew already, can't imagine trying to find 5 crew for a new A321 delivery every week.

Also a lot of stories in the spanish press about a Madrid base. I think it is likely to happen if we set up our own ground handling company.

We'll have to wait and see.

Lite
13th May 2005, 18:02
I have heard that the airline wants to set up an "Iberian" base which implies either the launch of a base in either Spain or Portugal. I'm very wary of the thought of Easy trying to set up a hub at MAD, because the airport is already quite busy and on domestic & trans-border flights there is already strong competition to IB from Spanair & Air Europa, and no doubt we will see the continued expansion of Vueling in Spain.

I doubt it will be Lisbon (or at least LIS!) because of the ridiculously high airport charges for that airport, but I wouldn't rule out more no-frills flights to Portugal. The country would love more no-frills flights that dont involve FAO!

PMI has already been snapped up by Air Berlin & their German alliance partners (Hapagfly & NIKI) and I'm sure Condor has a pretty big operation there as well. Am not sure if AGP/ALC would have a significant enough market for the type of ops that EZY want.

girtbar
13th May 2005, 19:06
Im sure it would'nt be for 320/321's as i have heard they are in talks again about removing seats from the bus so they can operate with 3 crew. Cabin Crew are just non exsistant at the moment to cover all the current a/c and the new ones arriving.

<--GirtBar-->

flyer55
16th May 2005, 08:35
Has anybody else heard the Easyjet are planning Easyatlantic?

Flying Quill
16th May 2005, 13:25
No, no, no. Buster is right: there is a Singapore link. Following the announcement by the CEO of easyjet, Singapore Airlines will buy a controlling share in the company. easyJet will run SIA's low cost operation in Asia, as easyTiger (obviously), and easyJet UK will go on to provide feeder services to Virgin's long haul operation using the Heathrow slots acquired when Virgin buy bmi. Marvellous. That's all cleared up, then?

FQ

jabird
16th May 2005, 13:38
Well it might not be June yet, but Ray stepping down & Stelios coming back on the board as non exec directory must be fairly significant?

brabazon
16th May 2005, 16:21
Nothing to do with Ray announcing his retirement early to allow a successor to be appointed then?

Doug the Head
9th Jun 2005, 09:20
So any more ideas for this meeting? When is it exactly anyway?

More good news to camouflage the bad news?

jumpseater
9th Jun 2005, 21:13
'More good news to camouflage the bad news?'

That'll be the bad news that eJ was I think the second best performer today in the FTSE200, share price increasing by 4.6%!

Of course the rumours about Iceland are kicking off again, amazing what you can get at the frozen food counter nowadays!

nclairportfan
13th Jun 2005, 21:57
Well, the dates are nearing so we will have to see what the announcement is when we hear it officially.

Doug the Head
17th Jun 2005, 10:23
Still waiting for news...

No news = good news? :hmm:

Curious Pax
17th Jun 2005, 11:06
Got an e-mail from EZY this morning about their Winter 2005/6 seats going on sale - could it be as mundane as that?

nickmanl
21st Jun 2005, 16:02
Maybe a scandinvian base?

easy doesn't have much of a presence up in Scandinavia, with flights only to Copenhagen. I'm sure they could give SAS a run for their money!

Scottie
21st Jun 2005, 20:47
You're all wrong.

Notice the Scottish and London Terminals winter schedules haven't been published yet.

Good news for Scotland on the horizon, trust me ;)

flying scotsman
22nd Jun 2005, 08:45
Scottie,

you shouldn't have said that out loud. now it'll be scaled back to 4 extra LTN runs a day. yum.:sad:

my moneys on something else but the extra flying in edi/gla may still be 'serviced' by the other bus bases initially. hope you're right though.

FS

Scottie
22nd Jun 2005, 10:13
flying scotsman, you don't actually believe the rumours do you? :ok:

I'll believe it when I'm sitting in the shiny new jet on my way to one of these destinations!

RAT 5
22nd Jun 2005, 16:58
Come on guys, think outside the box. Stelios opens up Orange Squeezy cruises in the Med. It is to expand. I would not be surprised if, with his reunion with his old off-spring, he doesn't combine ej flights with cruise tickets. Who wants to pay silly ej last minute prices to fill his boat. It would be ironic if you flew last minute BA to float about on an over grown mandarin.
Now that he is starting something in the caribbean for the winter, what about him aquiring a couple of old BY B767-200's to fill his tubs?

egnxema
30th Jun 2005, 12:25
With less than 12 hours of June left, did we spot any major announcements from easyJet this month?

Flying Quill
30th Jun 2005, 13:29
Big announcement in July, anyone?