PDA

View Full Version : Florida Flights (HOW much!?)

Birky
5th May 2005, 19:30
Is it me or are airlines charging ridiculous sums to get to Florida these days? I've seen practically nothing below £400 and that's one way.

Does anyone know who might be offering something reasonable (one way) to get there in July?

My God!

Birky

:ooh:

ChocksAwayUK
5th May 2005, 19:43
Yeah, it depends on the time of the year I think. The cheapest i found in May was Air Canada - £410 return, indirect via Toronto though this only adds 3 or 4 hours.

Otherwise it could well be cheaper (though not much) to get a flight to JFK and then internal - maybe check that out.

I reckon in winter it could be half the price.

BigGrecian
6th May 2005, 00:46
A one way ticket is normally the same price as a return and in most cases more - so try a return - you can always do a no show. Try rightprice.com - you can even try naming your own price.
Try flying via Iceland or other obscure places and the price often drops.
Good Luck.

heinzmanm
6th May 2005, 01:32
I highly recommend Aer Lingus.
They fly from Dublin to Orlando 4 times per week
I am currently in Florida and came out with them in January and paid around £250 return. I have had to change my ticket to return home and it only cost me £20, compared to the £70 that BA and many other airlines will charge you.
Each flight is priced seperately and so you aren't penalised for booking only one way.
All in all I paid £280 to get from Newcastle to Orlando, using Ryanair to get to Dublin

Hope this helps

Matt

ikea
6th May 2005, 09:38
the cheapest direct for me was 800, as im going july-sep for 2 months., So, cheapest way ivce found, is flyZoom,com MAN-YYZ (315gbp), yyz-MCO on AC for 240GBP, so will be more like 600quid when i get the train from NCL-MAN

Birky
6th May 2005, 11:35
Aer Lingus seems to be the best I guess. Thanks to everyone.

Birky

SAMIR786
8th May 2005, 14:17
I paid £279 return from London-Heathrow to Miami with BA.

Booked early in Jan and flew in April.

Beat that!!!!

Good Luck!

smith
10th May 2005, 09:37
There are charter flights with my travel at the moment to Sanford (orlando) for £177 return on www.cheapestflights.co.uk. Last minute things and for 14 nights duration.