PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to vote!

ShotOne
5th May 2005, 14:59
Not strictly rumours and news but polls close in around 5 hours so perhaps Danny might leave it up till then..

Don't forget to go and exercise your constitutional!

BN2A
5th May 2005, 15:11
Vote? Why, what's happening today?

:zzz:

EasyBaby
5th May 2005, 16:09
i never got my card to vote! I dont even know how to get one either any clues?

EB;)

Floppy Link
5th May 2005, 16:24
I did!
With my feet...
off to pastures new

foxile
5th May 2005, 16:41
I can't:( I am stuck in another country on business and a left before the date they would issue me with a postal vote. Didn't think about a proxy till I read about it the other day.

Ah well, I live in very very safe Tory seat, so doubt they will miss me. If it swung big enough for them to loose it there would be no Tories left.

Good or bad thing??? You decide....

warkman
5th May 2005, 17:06
Easybaby,
you do not need your poll card to vote. Just go to your polling station and tell them your name and address, they have the electoral register there to mark off who has voted.
Take some i.d. just in case....

Barry Cuda
5th May 2005, 17:26
I exercised my right several times, thanks to the wonders of the postal voting system...!:ok: :cool: :mad: :mad: :mad:

flap15
5th May 2005, 17:29
It is even easier if you have applied for a postal vote as a very nice chap comes around and collects your vote for you. It saved a bit of shoe leather not having to walk to the post box. He even said not to bother sticking it down as his cousin would do it for me. Who said community spirt was dead.

IB4138
5th May 2005, 18:37
I voted to live in Spain. A country where principles still matter.....and a copper can give a lout a clout without losing his job!

God help all you lot remaining in the UK, especially if Bliar wins again!