PDA

View Full Version : Variety of flying

cosworth211
5th May 2005, 14:47
Hi,

Does anyone have any knowledge of the advantages of having a variety of flying in your logbook??

I have my PPL, and leave in september to EFT in florida to complete the APP. In the mean time I am building hours outside the course (and will continue to during the ATPL study).

I am currently doing my AOPA aerobatics certificate, I also plan to do my tailwheel conversion, fly some old aircraft (such as tiger moths), and have a go at flying seaplanes.

Would this variety be an advantage in an employemt situation, demonstrating real enthusiasm and a range of handling skills, or would it be indifferent next to the applicant with 1000 hours in a 172 and 10 MEP???

Solid Rust Twotter
5th May 2005, 21:39
Can't see it doing any harm and you develop a broader outlook with more varied experience.

Enjoy....:ok:

BigGrecian
6th May 2005, 00:54
With regard to hour building outside the APP yes it keeps your hand in etc - but you will still have to complete all of EFTs hour building and the 25 hour PPL standardisation for the APP - just a thought if your trying to save money - which most student pilots are!

FlyingForFun
6th May 2005, 13:26
Don't know if it will help with an airline job, but my (very similar) experience certainly helped me get my current instructing job. More importantly, though, I enjoyed all that variety..... I'd be doing more of that type of flying now in my spare time if I had the cash!

FFF
-------------