PDA

View Full Version : Treat for a kiddy. Possible?

fledgling
5th May 2005, 09:23
I have a friend who will be travelling Virgin to Orlando in a week or so with his family.

His son (4 years old) is plane crazy, and he would like to know if it is possible to get his son a quick peek at the flight deck during the flight out (or return).

Anyone from Virgin care to enlighten me as to whether this would be allowed? If so, whats the best way of asking to have the best chance of a successful request. It would make a little boy (and his dad's) day.

Many thanks,
Fledgling

Pax Vobiscum
5th May 2005, 09:33
Sorry fledgling, no chance of an in flight visit, I'm afraid (see threads too numerous to mention). There's a reasonable chance of a look at the flight deck on the ground after arrival, if you ask politely - I'm not a VS regular, so others may be better able to comment.

Leezyjet
7th May 2005, 01:17
fledgling,

It is ultimately dependant on the Captain on the day, some will some won't and being on the MCO route will not help as there are loads of kids on those flights probably all wanting a look.

Just ask the cabin crew to ask him for you, but make sure that you give them plenty of notice like at the beginning or middle of the flight, and make sure that you specify that you want a look once you are on the ground after landing.

Try asking the No.1 hostie tho rather than one of the regular dollies. I beleive they wear black shirts on VS or grey if it's a bloke.

Good luck.

:)