PDA

View Full Version : Comparison between ALAEA and TWU?

Sunfish
4th May 2005, 21:06
I feel for you guys, because many years ago the only unionI ever had to join went " limp wristed" with AN.

While its said that comparisons are odious, I wonder if a comparison of the ALAEA and the TWU is in order?

Now the TWU, as we know, has a totally feral outlook on life. No one messes with them or their members. Witness the Camel head incident. It took a blatant act that made the newspapers to get someone sacked. As for the rest of them, one gets the impression that loaders are not held in high regard, or, to put it another way, they get away with murder.

Why can they do this? Because they have a feral union administration that represents their interests come what may, even to the point of jail.

On the other hand there is the ALAEA. I will quote this little piece from another website, allegedly written by a trustee of the union:

"What do you propose we meet with you about MoP? If you think we are to scared to meet the members then why would we even stand in office for them. We have been elected by the members to represent them for 4 years. If you don't like the service we deliver then exercise your dissention and vote with your feet. I'm sure there is some tin pot metals mob out there that would welcome you with open arms.

As for the courtroom saga I think you should take a closer look at some of the facts behind the stories. The cause of all the internal ALAEA trouble is eminating from one dishonest and deceptive sh*t stirrer intent on pursuing an internal implosion of our association. For 35 years we have built a reputation on integrity, honesty and sensibility and that red ragger wants it thrown out the door for the sake of one fat and undeserved wage rise.

We will make certain this time that the problem ends forever. He has again violated the protocols of the Fed Exec by diseminating classified information and jeopardising our entire EBA campaign. His behavior can be tolerated no longer. Good bye SP. I hope you find a suitable union for your behavior. Maybe the Federal union of Mexican sh*t stirrers may have you. I also hear the AMWU is interested in your underhanded activity."

The little bit that jumps out of the page is this:

"For 35 years we have built a reputation on integrity, honesty and sensibility".

Yes, surely, but that is not whats wanted is it? Of course if you are an executive you would like to be known for the above qualities wouldn't you?

However I have a secret to tell you.The boys in the Merchant Banks, etc, the big end of town, are just as feral as the TWU shop stewards!

Message to ALEA Executive: You are living in a fantasy world. The qualities you appear to value do not exist in the commercial world these days, (especially not in Sydney).

Translation: You have been comprehensively conned by one of the oldest tricks in the book - flattery. You have been told you are "sensible, honest and have integrity", probably also that you are a pleasure to deal with, not like all those other naughty unions.

I'll tell you another secret. Japanese steel companies played the same trick on Australian coal and iron ore suppliers for twnety years. The poor bloody negotiators would come home crowing about how the Japanese liked dealing with them, but brought back a lousy coal price!

Translation : you are not there to be sensible, honest and to act with integrity! You are there to be pig headed, dishonest and fraudulent to get your members the absolute maximum they can get short of you going to jail!

Then there is that other little clanger, the "fat and undeserved wage rise"!

Don't you understand that all wage rises are "fat and undeserved"? from at least someone's point of view?????? The reality is that the price of labor is what you can get out of your employer to the point of collapse? Do you think Mr. Dixon's pay rise was "fat and undeserved"? Have you ever watched Merchant Bankers and lawyers greedily feeding on the carcass of a dismembered company? There is no such thing as a "deserved" or "undeserved" wage rise!!!!! It does not compute!

The TWU know this. They know how the company works. They set a target and they go for it. It does NOT have to be justified by the economy, other wage rises, work tradeoffs etc. that is rubbish. The size of your wage rise is directly related to your bargaining power. But of course you wont use your bargaining power will you? Because that would compromise your personal reputation for "sensibility, honesty and integrity" wouldn't it? My @rse!

To put it another way, ALAEA executives seem really anxious to wear a tie all the time. The only time you will see a TWU executive wear a tie is when he is up on a charge in court. Guess which mob produce the best results for their members?

Sorry for the rant.

Turbo 5B
5th May 2005, 05:35
Oh very well said Mr Fish

rudderless1
5th May 2005, 10:56
well said Fish, the ALAEA cronies are exactly what you state. Although I believe they are so corrupt, they believe themselves to be genuine. See the latest notice, they've just given away all the members progress of the last four months and more. They must go!

wanty
28th May 2005, 02:57
When the alaea delegates go on thier road show trying to sell us the "no gain" eba,say get f@#ked to a private poll of members.Most members I suspect will vote no in these private polls,but can we trust these alaea(company stooge) exec's to tell us the honest result of the poll.I think not.Make members vote openly for all to see the real numbers.