PDA

View Full Version : Flybe - Cabin crew at BHX

Mike16
4th May 2005, 16:51
Hi Guys

I wondered if any you kind souls can help me, i am thinking of going for a position with flybe at BHX, seems to be the only airline recruiting at the min in the mids, well permenent that is.
I was looking through there website and that is how i know they are looking for crew.
Does anyone know what there sectors are like, 2 or 4 a day ? pay ? conditions are like there etc......
Are they nice to work for ? i have done a search on flybe, but it does not say much,mainly flight deck orientated, so can anyone help me ?

take care

Mike

330-Purser
4th May 2005, 16:59
Hi Mike,

I thought about doing the same myself. There don't seem many willing Flybe people about on here though. I think someone was talking about Flybe pay and conditions at SOU base recently, not sure if its still on here.

How come your thinking about moving on anyway? Didn't expect to see you applying elsewhere. Is it not just going to be more of the same for you now they've got the 737's and sunshine routes?

Safe flying!

330-Purser

wan2fly
4th May 2005, 18:01
Have you tried

BMI baby - they are recruiting too ...

Flybe - are approx 4-6 sectors a day and then 6 days on 2 off - they also have direct entry pursers - I know a guy who went to them in the winter hated it and has left and gone back to the charters as more money and more time off.

Also have a look at BA Citie express out of Brum and maybe KLM city hopper - seem to have vacancies on the web.

A330 - Thought you were happy with your airline ? - maybe not !.

330-Purser
5th May 2005, 13:43
wan2fly - I am happy, just not sure how much longer I'll have a job at MAN or maybe I'll be moved to LHR with the rest of the fleet!

In which case, it pays to start looking now.

:( :( :(

Mike16
6th May 2005, 05:41
Hi Guys

Well some feedback, i visited BA citixpress website, and to be honest there pay is shocking.
As for BMIbaby i am not to keen on them as i know quite a few cabin crew who work there and i do not feel that would be the right company for me.
Does anyone actually know what Flybe earn ? Basic, Sector pay ? what is a typical day ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

acro
6th May 2005, 10:34
Treated like ****, worked to max and thanked with threats!

KTPops
6th May 2005, 18:37
I worked for BE for 2 years and I'm quite baffled by the above post.

The pay isn't amazing and you do work hard, but it is a good company with some fabulous people and I do miss it terribly. I work for a much larger airline now which pays less and you never fly with the same person twice so I can certainly appreciate the benefits of a smaller, friendlier airline!

You will do anything from 2 - 6 sectors a day on either the BAe 146 or the Dash 8. I believe that BE have ordered some RJs and a B737 as well so you will be on a mixture of a/c. You will probably get nightstops depending on where you are based so you can expect to take home anything between £1000-£1300 a month. I believe that the CA1s have also been given a pretty good pay rise too but again you'd have to ask a current BE employee.

My advice is go for it. You'll meet people who gripe and hate the company, but you will find that in EVERY airline. I loved my time at Flybe and I'm sure you will too. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Good Luck!

KTP x
:ok:

Mike16
6th May 2005, 20:27
Hi

Thanks very much KTpops , like you say all airlines have moaners. Where do you do your initial training ? how long is it for ? how many sectors a month do you tend to do ?
Any help would be really appreciated.

Mike

Trislander
6th May 2005, 21:35
Hi there,

I've been working for flybe for over 2 years now, and it's a great company to work for. Everyone is really friendly, you don't have many of the typical 'dragons' like you get in other airlines because CA1's and CA3's are treated as equal.

You will have a very varied roster which is fun. Some days you may do 4-6 short sectors (i.e. BHX-EDI) on the Q400 or 2 long (relatively) sectors like BHX-AGP on the BAe 146/737. Every bases routes are different and you will more than likely have nightstops at other bases as a CA3.

Promotion to CA1 comes after 1-2 years, you may be promoted quickly if you have previous flying experience. CA1 pay is about £1200+ p/m on average, depending on nightstops and bar commission.

Current on/off schedule is 5 on 2 off 6 on 3 off, etc, so pretty good. Training is done at BHX til October then down at EXT HQ.

Basically it's a going places company, crew are a lot of fun and work is varied. If that's what you're looking for and you're an outgoing, friendly, hard-working individual then you're coming to the right place!

Tri :ok:

KTPops
6th May 2005, 22:46
Mike16,
We did our training in BHX so we were put up in a hotel for about 5 weeks. I am told that eventually the training centre will be moved to EXT at some point, which is where Flybe HQ is based.

Summer was always the busiest time for CC and FC, its not unusual to do a 5 day block of 4 sector days which was an absolute killer!! I remember that most of the time I was on a roster of 6 on 2 off with about 5 days of duty and 1 standby day in between. You do get periods of 3 days off depending on how fully crewed your base is. There was a good mixture of flights, anything from a lovely 2 sector DUB to a miserable EGC-PRG!

As I said, I hope you give Flybe a go, I can't emphasise enough how much I loved it there. There will always be people who hate the company they work for and yes, you will get screwed over from time to time with roster changes and rotten standby call outs but that's the job I'm afraid!

Tri,
Miss you lots buddy! I know I'm crap at keeping in touch but we MUST go out soon and catch up on all the goss!

;)

Trislander
8th May 2005, 10:16
KTPops,

Yeah we must meet up in the next few weeks, got lots to catch up on!!! Hope you're well, take care xxx :ok:

tiggerific_69
9th May 2005, 09:27
mike
youre saying ba citiexpress pay is shocking...the guys on here are saying that FlyBe crew are picking up £1000-£1300 a month.well thats what im picking up a month at BACX,and that was only doing 3 nightstops in a month.BACX do a lot of trips now so the potential to earn a lot more is there as long as you are legal.there are also permanent contracts available after a 6 month probationary period,i work for BACX at BHX and weve got a lovely base.i think maybe you should give it a bit of a rethink?its not that bad and you either do trips,or the longest day is 4 sectors.