PDA

View Full Version : Monarch pool

skywaytoheaven
4th May 2005, 15:17
Anyone else out there swimming in it. I went for interview earlier in the year, by which time all course vacancies had been filled. Apparently they will be looking at possible further recruitment in September, anyone heard any different, any info much appreciated.

little bird
5th May 2005, 10:44
Yep got the same story. Also got the impression it was quite a large pool assuming nobody has left to go else where. Believe you are in the pool for a max of 18 months for when you would to apply again if you haven't been called.

pilotatlast
7th May 2005, 09:35
Monarch have just announced their winter schedule for 05/06 which is 41% more compared with this winter(check out www.flymonarch.com). So me thinks you guys in the holding pool wont be swimming for too long.

Violet Garlic
8th May 2005, 16:03
Skyway -

I'm in the same situation as you mate. Interviewed early Jan,received letter some weeks later saying I was in hold pool,heard nothing since!

I wrote an email and got no reply. I phoned but couldn't get past HR (who said nothing this YEAR !!!!!!) so I thought the trail was going rather cold :bored:

Sorry I can't offer any information - just to let you know there are others in the same boat (on the pool that is !)

If I hear anything in the near future I'll PM you.

Cheers...

MANTHRUST
8th May 2005, 19:56
I've been with them now for xx years and I get no replies to my e-mails, or telephone calls returned.

Violet Garlic
9th May 2005, 21:44
Same as my outfit then !!! :hmm:

Sparticus
10th May 2005, 20:38
Been in the hold pool for M since December and i know of a couple of others in my company in same position. Last time I spoke to those in the know about holding pool numbers and status, they were very vague. I also thought the trail had become cold. I hope that something happens before winter as I might be out of a job!

ATIS
11th May 2005, 17:06
I've only been in the club for a couple of months, and its a vast improvement on my previous outfit. Nice friendly peeps, long may it continue.

To those in the pool keep on swimming, its well worth it. If anything it will certainly prepare you for Monarch's wet drill at the local pool.

Good luck to all that are out there

skywaytoheaven
11th May 2005, 20:57
Thanks for all the replies, good to hear I'm not alone (or maybe it would be better if I was, depending on which way you look at it!). I guess they would have no reason to contact us guys(and girls) in the pool, until the day comes that there are vacancies on a course - lets hope that is soon. From contacts of mine in the company I'm informed that recruitment this year will be similar to last, ie a biggish intake at the end of the year, well I'll hopefully see you guys for the wet drills in December then! Chilllllly!

CanAV8R
13th May 2005, 11:13
I as well joined the club around xmas. Some of those who were in the pool as they were told were actually offered courses. This was partly due to the timing of the courses themselves, people going to other airlines and in one case I heard, one fella never even showed up!

They will be recruiting again within 6 months as a guess. Their winter sched is up 40% as per the web site and another 767 or two are rumoured in the works. The training department is in overdrive now. Who knows really but a good estimate is more hires towards xmas, again only as a guess.

Good luck.

Jinkster
13th May 2005, 17:22
I have no idea whatsoever about the pool.

However what I do know is that they have stopped recruitment as of yesterday, any ideas when they will start again?

Cheers,

Jinkster