PDA

View Full Version : Luke Norman Butler to be deported !

Gunship
4th May 2005, 13:05
With reference from Ghanaweb :

Ialso saw Mr Luke Butler on Ghana Television the other day. Shame he repeatedly try to defend himslef and the interviewer had him in the corner the whole time.

Later the interviewer said .. are you not Rodger Ramjet perhaps Mr Butler ... :8

Here is the full Rebuttal from him :

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=80636

Gunship
4th May 2005, 13:09
Straight from GhanaWeb :

... Revenge for exposing GIA/Anane deal?

Luke Norman BUTLER, the Chief Executive Office of AFRA airline has been served with a deportation order by the government.
Elizabeth Adjei has been instructed to cancel his permit and visa, which he got when he registered Afra Airlines Ltd and got GIPC approval....... Developing.....

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=80651

B Sousa
4th May 2005, 15:32
So Guns, fill us in. Who is the GUy, whats his claim to fame??

Gunship
4th May 2005, 15:45
Hi Bert,

He never touched me with a feather but rumour has it he has severly damaged some fellow PPRUNERS in some way or another. Thanks to fellow PPRUNERS I was immediately warned against him when they knew that I am coming this way. THANKS Gents - You know who you are :ok:

One of his scams was with one of my friends - that is a fact (and I am sure the rest as well) but he lies himself out of it. Saw him on TV - as smooth as butter can be ...

This link might make more sense : http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155903&perpage=20&highlight=luke%20butler&pagenumber=1

Also see the AFRA Airlines thread I posted earlier.

Cheers,

Gunzzzz

Seaman Staines
5th May 2005, 00:49
I hope he's not deported and rots in an African jail for the next 20 years.
Aviation doesn't need conmen like Butler

B Sousa
5th May 2005, 01:36
Thanks Guns
I sort of expected what was posted. Guys like that seem to flood the market and always come out somewhere with lots of money, not their own.
Maybe he will make a wrong turn someday and someone will wisk him away in a * Taxi.... Folks do understand pain.........

gen3
5th May 2005, 01:38
:D
hello Gunzzzz, seems you know a lot about the industry...feeding us all with the info at the right time...:E

Gunship
5th May 2005, 08:35
Well SS - seems like your wish has come true :E

Saw some later than usual scuffling at the Australian High Commission :E

From GhanaWeb

Castle stops AFRA CEO's deportation
A source at the seat of the government has confirmed that Luke Norman BUTLER, the Chief Executive Office of AFRA airline, will NOT be deported.

Mr. Butler is looking forward to getting his licence back.... ...... Developing....

Earlier today: AFRA CEO to be deported!: Luke Norman BUTLER, the Chief Executive Office of AFRA airline has been served with a deportation order by the government.

Elizabeth Adjei (head of Immigration) has been instructed to cancel his resident permit and visa, which he got when he registered Afra Airlines Ltd and got GIPC approval.

Ms. Adjei has denied receiving any such instructions. However, a very reliable source told GHP, he saw the instruction on Ms. Adjei’s desk. Apparently, the plan was not to inform Mr. Butler about the cancellation. However, if he left the country, he would not have been allowed back.

Gunship
5th May 2005, 08:42
No mate - seriously I am in the industry and know a lot but keep my head away from these guys.

These are purely Ghanaweb extracts.

I have made up my mind long time ago. :E

Sad thing that these type shuts the doors of the great industry called flying.

Greed, anger, nepotism, theft, shafting ... words that Orville and Wright and all the other great pioneers of flying surely would NOT have thought about when they designed the a'plane ;)

Seaman Staines
5th May 2005, 20:00
He's been rubbishing ministers as "Roger Ramjet" on the Ghanaweb forum and it's very transparent who he is.

Nice one Flukey.:}

Hamrah
5th May 2005, 22:23
Roger Ramjet was the name he used on here in the past.

H

Seaman Staines
5th May 2005, 22:33
"Roger Ramjet, he's our man,
the hero of our nation,
now his dick is twice as long because of masturbation."

burp.....

good memory Hamrah, how are you? :O

gen3
6th May 2005, 08:27
:confused:
so as i understand it, Luke was aka "Roger Ramjet" and is now aka "Wizard" in this forum?

shall we describe him as smart? or ... :sad: :8

Seaman Staines
7th May 2005, 01:02
G'day,

someone sent a PM to me but unfortunately the PMs aren't working,

Pls use my email address by hitting my profile button,

thanks,
Staines.:O

Gunship
12th May 2005, 18:08
From Ghanaweb :
Ghana Immigration service has returned the passport of Luke Butler, CEO of Afra airlines.

Last Friday, the Deputy Director of Immigration, Mr. Gyamfi, on the orders of the Chief of Staff, Mr. Kwadwo Mpiani, confiscated Mr. Butler's passport.

The local media, together with the Australian's lawyers pointed out the illegal nature of what the immigraton authority did, i.e. the intended deportation, cancelling of visa, holding an Australian passport and frustrating investment and employment of Ghanaian staff.

"There are no changes recorded to my 12 months residency and work permit." Butler said after receiving the passport

"Now we must seriously work on getting Afra Airlines Ltd Air Carrier's Certificate (ACL) re-issued without the arbitrary restrictions imposed by the former Minister, Dr Richard Anane." he continued

gen3
13th May 2005, 11:20
:( hey, wizard, where are you? no comments in this thread?? :confused:

Wizard
13th May 2005, 14:04
Some links which may be of interest are as follows:-

http://www.ghanaian-chronicle.com/thestory.asp?id=5753

http://www.ghanaian-chronicle.com/thestory.asp?id=5767

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/dossier.php?ID=95

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=80636

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/rumor/artikel.php?ID=80537

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/dossier.php?ID=29

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/poll/

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=174610

Seaman Staines
27th May 2005, 03:17
Media and information releases Printer version

05-137 ASIC bans Luke Norman Butler, former director of Queensland air charter companies

Wednesday 25 May 2005

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has banned Mr Luke Norman Butler, formerly of Golden Beach in Queensland, from managing corporations for three years.

ASIC imposed the ban following an investigation into Mr Butler's involvement with two air charter companies, Global Air Australia Pty Ltd (Global Air) and We Both Pty Ltd (formerly named Global Air Leasing Pty Ltd) (We Both).

Mr Butler was a director of Global Air Australia and We Both which conducted an international air charter business. ASIC found that:

Mr Butler was involved in the management of We Both during a period when he was also an undischarged bankrupt;
shortly before We Both was wound up, Mr Butler was involved in the transfer of a company asset to a related company in a way that was detrimental to the creditors of We Both;
Mr Butler's conduct included breaches of provisions of the Corporations Act 2001 relating to the requirement to keep proper books and records, and the requirement to assist in the orderly and proper winding up of companies in the interests of creditors; and
both Global Air and We Both were unable to pay creditors more than 50 cents in the dollar after being placed into liquidation.
ASIC took the action in the public interest to protect against present and future misuse of the corporate structure.

'ASIC will continue to take action against company officers who fail to comply with their legal obligations under the Corporations Act and, in doing so, put the public and businesses at risk,' ASIC's Deputy Executive Director of Enforcement, Mr Mark Steward, said.

The banning will take effect as of 7 June 2005. Mr Butler is now a resident in Ghana, West Africa.

Mr Butler has the right to appeal to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for a review of ASIC's decision.

Updated: 25/05/2005
About time too.......:O

Wizard
27th May 2005, 18:01
http://www.ghanaian-chronicle.com/thestory.asp?id=6022

Seaman Staines
27th May 2005, 21:11
Thank you ASIC for confirming that Butler is a crook & a conman.

gac111
7th Jun 2005, 23:14
Luke Butler accuses President of Ghana of a "high level conspiracy" to ruin his reputation.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=83126

Seaman Staines
7th Jun 2005, 23:51
Typical reaction of the sociopath that he is.

gac111
19th Jul 2005, 21:48
From The Daily Graphic, Accra - July 19

An Accra Circuit Court has issued a warrant for the arrest of Luke Norman Butler who is wanted by the Greater Accra Regional Police CID for an alleged fraud to the tune of 450,000 US Dollars.

Luke Norman Butler is an Australian national and Chief Executive Officer of AFRA Airlines. He is about 5ft 6inches tall. (Picture provided)

Anybody with information about his whereabouts should contact the Greater Accra Regional Police CID, the nearest Police Station or call 021-662139, 0244-331936 or 020-8178862.

Seaman Staines
19th Jul 2005, 22:35
Many thanks for the heads-up.
Do you have a link to the story? URL?
cheers

Gunship
20th Jul 2005, 12:17
Nothing on their web site or anywhere else I normally look ?

http://www.graphicghana.info/newssearch.asp

Seaman Staines
20th Jul 2005, 22:46
Until I see a scan of the newspaper, or a link, I'm treating the story as BS.
Nothing on Ghanaweb either.........

Gunship
21st Jul 2005, 13:22
I got the scan of the newspaper .. it's true ...

Exact words as used by gac111 with a photo on top.

Tx ... you know who ;)

Engineer
21st Jul 2005, 13:27
gac111

is all ways on the button about things in Ghana So looks like s/he is on the ball again :ok:

Just waiting for an update on this site (http://www.ghanapolice.org/cid/wanted.htm) with latest photo :E

Gunship
21st Jul 2005, 13:34
Must be a she engineer ;)

Seaman Staines
21st Jul 2005, 20:52
I rec'd my copy of the scan....... thank you. :}

I also rec'd a tip that he is in the Obosamase area, E.Ghana.

How far is that from a frontier?

$450,000 is the sama amount that Butler conned out of a wealthy Ghanaian Doctor.

Quote:
Dr. Samuel Akuoku - A practicing doctor, businessman and a Philanthropist. He is the Proprietor of Laurelton Medical Center, one of the biggest medical practices in New York. Owner of Van Development Corporation, a Real Estate Holding company in New York, Paradise Resort Hotel, Lake Bosomtwe, Ghana, Aerogen Aviation- Cargo & Aircraft Handling Company, Ghana and Yaase & Atonsu Farms with over 500 acres of commercial Teak plantations. Established scholarship foundations in Laurelton, New York and Ghana and donated two JSS school buildings in Ghana. He received United States Congressional Award, Queens Community Outstanding Physician Award and Bank of Ghana scholarship in Medical school. : end quote.

Seaman Staines
31st Jul 2005, 05:42
www.ghanaweb.com: General News of Friday, 29 July 2005

Luke Butler wanted by Police
The Criminal Investigation department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service has renewed its appeal to members of the public to help it to arrest Mr Luke Butler, Chief Executive of Afra Airlines.

Mr Butler is wanted by the police for defrauding a US based- Ghanaians, Dr Sam Akuoko to the tune of$450,000.

The Director of the CID, David Asante Appeatu who made the appeal on Thursday said in November last year, Butler made false representations to Dr Akuoku that he had a Boeing 747 aircraft in Indonesia and needed money to bring it down to start an airline in Ghana.

He said Mr Butler told Dr Akuoko to transfer an amount of $400,000 into a cedi account in Ghana to facilitate the transaction.

According to him Butler further asked Dr Akuoko to use an additional $50,000 to open an office of the airline in the US.

He said Butler assured Dr Akuoko that when the airline became operational, he (Butler) and his wife, Mrs Siomone Butler who were the sole directors of the company, would offload 30 per cent shares to Dr Akuoko.

Mr Apeatu said after transferring the money and opening the office in the US, Dr Akuoko contacted Butler to find out when the aircraft was to be brought to Ghana.

In response, Mr Apeatu said, Butler allegedly told Dr Akuoko that they were going to hire an aircraft to start the operations.

The director said Dr Akuoko objected to that because it was contrary to what he had been made to believe and therefore, demanded a refund.

He said Butler started playing hide and seek with Dr Akuoko until the matter was referred to the police for investigations.

He said Mrs Butler was arrested and during interrogation, she admitted receiving the money.

Mr Appeatu said Mrs Butler was currently on police enquiry bail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Daily Graphic

Gunship
5th Aug 2005, 07:36
Luke bru are you really on the run ???

I still not have whiped out the Text message re the beer invite ...:E

I will have a cold one on you "running" ;)

Seaman Staines
5th Aug 2005, 08:06
Where's the safest place for this sociopath?

Home, I reckon.

Keep an eye on the Aus media for the next few days.

Must be embarrassing for his brother, Brendan to have a 54 yr old delinquent in the family. :{
====================

Anyone seen the African possie yet?:ok:

Gunship
5th Aug 2005, 08:09
With due respect SS ... if he is on a "wanted list" - how did he get out of Ghana ... never mind into Aus ? :confused: :confused:

Seaman Staines
5th Aug 2005, 08:21
Hi Guns,
it was a rhetorical question. :E

Ghanaian cops can't be the sharpest tools in the shed if they can't find him in their country after he's been on TV, in the papers etc.

My guess is, he got out of Dodge and the safest thing to do would be head home to family and leave Ghanaian wifey to face the music........ but........ I could be wrong :ok:

PS
Remember, he's not wanted in Aus for anything........ yet.
So, he can come and go as he pleases until an Intl Arrest warrant is issued.

A great country is Aus :O

Gunship
5th Aug 2005, 08:27
I "hear" what you say although I do not understand the word " rhetorical " ?

Re the Ghana cops: Mate believe it or not ... some of the best operators I have seen !

It is a fact that Luke (or his GH wife) has a LOT of contacts - so I am sure things could have been made easy for him.

Then again Ghana is small and the white face stands out ... I mean I will recognise him a mile away - although I never met him - just seen him on TV (and taken a photo instead of taking a video) :uhoh:

Cheers mate !

PS: Anything to say about the rugby over the past two weeks? ;)

Gunssss :}

Wizard
6th Aug 2005, 17:11
Luke Butler Triumphs

Court stops Civil Aviation, Immigration

AN ACCRA Commercial Court has restrained the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), the Ghana Immigration Services (GIS) and Attorney General (AG), their principals and agents, from carrying out the purported revocation of the residential and work permits of two directors of AFRA Airlines, an Australian airline, until final determination of a suit before it. Delivering its ruling yesterday, on the plea of the Australian investors, Luke Butler and Andrew Lachajcezak, Chief Executive Officer and I.T Manager respectively, of AFRA Airlines, the court presided over by Justice Henry Cofie, noted that the plaintiffs should not be prevented from moving into or going out of the country, until the suit is finalized.

The court upheld that greater hardship is put on plaintiffs in view of the deportation order given by a letter dated June 2, 2005 from the Minister of Interior; declaring their continuous stay in the country would be a criminal offence punishable by a fine or imprisonment.

The court further indicated that the Minister of Interior has powers under the law to revoke the residential permit of foreign nationals if their presence is not conducive to the country and therefore could not be bound to observe the natural justice rule the plaintiffs claim in their arguments.

AFRA Airlines, together with its directors, on June 9, 2005 issued a writ against the GCAA, with GIS and the AG as co-defendants.

The plaintiffs were seeking the order of the court to restrain the defendants, their principals and agents from carrying out or taking any further steps on the notice contained in a letter of June 2, 2005, revoking their residential and work permits by the GIS and the AG.

They further sought, in addition to cost and other reliefs, an order that defendants by their action were unfair and unreasonable, which constituted a breach of Act 678, L.I. 1075, Articles 23 and 296 of the 1992 Constitution and should therefore rescind their decision and reinstate their residential and work permits.

On June 23, 2005, the court granted the AG’s request of a mandatory 30-day written notice required under the law before it was sued.

In an affidavit in support of their motion, plaintiffs noted that since the incorporation of AFRA Airlines under the laws of the country, it had concretized its objectives with an amount of US$8.5million investment and employed 40 people; however, half of the people were laid off, following defendants’ action, even though frantic efforts at widening its operations were undertaken.

Plaintiffs averred that following the investment made in the country, the two co-defendants issued them with a year’s residential and work permit under section 13 (1) of the Immigration Act, 2000 (Act 573), effective November 24, 2004 to reside in the country.

According to plaintiffs, they applied for an Air Carrier License (ACL) meant to carry cargo and passengers worldwide and were given the license, followed by a review on January 12, 2005 by the Acting Director-General of GCAA.

They argued that the airline was further issued with an Air Travel Organizer’s License by the Ghana Tourist Board, when an application was made on January 13, 2005.

Plaintiffs noted that while waiting for the review of the ACL, CTK CityLink Airline publicly announced on February 3, 2005 that it would co-operate with Plaintiff Company to assist offering domestic services in the sub region.

Coincidentally, plaintiffs noted, by a letter dated February 4, 2005, the GCAA informed Plaintiff Company that it had been directed by the Minister for Roads and Transport, Dr. Richard Anane, to suspend the ACL issued to AFRA Airlines without any reasons.

Additionally, plaintiffs point out that another letter of May 5, 2005 was received from the GCAA, being an order by the Chief of Staff and Minister for Presidential Affairs, Mr. Kojo Mpiani, to revoke plaintiffs’ license.

Plaintiffs intimated that the suspension and subsequent revocation of its license was improper and that the GCAA and the AG’s conduct was meant to undermine their business and investment, as the actions of the two government officials were wrong and constituted a breach of Act 678 and L.I. 1075.

Subsequently, the plaintiffs noted that a letter from the Director of GIS notified that their work and residence permits had been annulled with effect from June 2, 2005 and the airline’s ACL had been revoked and therefore had no authority to operate in the country.

Plaintiffs’ counsel, Mr. Tony Lithur, had argued that his clients were not treated fairly by the authorities before revoking their licenses, since they were not given the opportunity to respond to the queries made by the Ghanaian authorities, in spite of their heavy investments.

Counsel for second defendants, GIS, had argued that the plaintiffs’ application was premature since the letter written to them had a window of opportunity where they could reapply for the permits.

Counsel indicated that plaintiffs had not made any attempt to apply for the permit as requested by the immigration.

Chief State Attorney, Kathleen Quartey Ayensu in her arguments, indicated that the presence of plaintiffs in the country, in the view of the authorities, was not conducive for the country as it led to the revocation and subsequent invalidation of the work and residential permit of plaintiffs.

The chief state attorney held that it would not be fair to ban ministers from doing what they were required to do under the law, in the interest of the country.

The Chief of Staff, Mr.Kwadwo Mpiani now has oversight over the Aviation which used to be part of the Ministry under the aegis of Dr. Richard Anane.

Source: Chronicle

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=86904

Seaman Staines
6th Aug 2005, 22:42
So what, my little sociopath, you're just pissing in the wind now.

You didn't attend that court in person as you would have been arrested.

Where are you now? hiding behind mummy's skirt, you ******! :}

You are a thief and proven fraudster, if, and when the law catches up with you, you will claim that everyone is at fault except you. (as usual)

I and many others hope that you rot in an African jail and Bubba finds you in there :mad:

rsull
8th Aug 2005, 10:20
things are finaly catching up with Lukey here in Australia.

he is finally banned from owning or serving on the board of a company. I think there were substancial Govt fines also.

http://www.search.asic.gov.au/ban.html
search butler

there are no rumors of him being here.

Seaman Staines
8th Aug 2005, 23:52
Author: Noriega (registered user)
Date: 08-08-2005 11:46

The Courier Mail (Queensland, Australia) August 8, 2005 Monday

Pg. 8

Airline wheeler-dealer fights deportation bid

Chris Griffith

A QUEENSLAND businessman who was sued by the Japanese Government for a failed agreement to fly Red Army terrorists to Tokyo has been warned he would be shot if he entered Thailand after allegedly fleecing an airline of $US50,000 ($65,000).

Former bankrupt Luke Norman Butler, whose aircraft-related deals have angered the governments of Japan and Cameroon, also is wanted by police in Ghana in West Africa.

"I think that if he comes to Thailand someone would shoot him, maybe me," an angry Sabai Airlines chief executive officer Tanapat Bunyarak told The Courier-Mail yesterday.

Captain Bunyarak said Mr Butler had obtained $US50,000 from the board of Sabai Airlines as a deposit for three US-based 747-200 aircraft, which he apparently did not own.

In Ghana, Mr Butler faces arrest concerning an alleged fraud involving $US450,000. Police say Mr Butler had made false representations in that he had a Boeing 747 aircraft in Indonesia and needed money to bring it down to start an airline in Ghana. Mr Butler, whose wife Simone is from Ghana and who has been arrested, had opened an airline there, employed 40 staff and planned to engage 100 more, claiming his venture was backed by funding of $US8.5 million.

Mr Butler, who is at large and fighting deportation, had claimed he had forged a deal with US's Utilicraft Corp for his Brisbane company to buy 100 FF-1080 Freight Feeder aircraft for $1.2 billion.

However, in February his air licence was revoked and in May, Australian authorities banned him from managing corporations for three years.

LOAD-DATE: August 7, 2005

[This is an authentic posting from Noriega (Registered User)]

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePa...&thread=1541252

I doubt if Butler will ever be seen in Thailand again :E

Seaman Staines
14th Aug 2005, 09:21
I think if the cops turn over a few rocks in Benin they might find Flukey.:ok:

I don't think he'd be too hard to find.

Butler, do you spikka da French?:}

B Sousa
14th Aug 2005, 09:28
Pecker Tracks
Maybe you should check. If you know his wherabouts you might get a little bounty for his booty........

Seaman Staines
14th Aug 2005, 09:33
If I knew which rock he was hiding under, I'd give him up for a can of VB.:}

Seaman Staines
15th Aug 2005, 12:49
Author: NewsTalk (www.ghanaweb.com)
Date: 08-09-2005 14:04

Lawyers for Afra Airlines are preparing to take action aimed at contesting the cancellation of the Air Carrier's License of the airline, as well as the revocation yesterday, of the resident permits of the CEO Mr. Luke Butler and his IT Manager, Mr. Andrew Lachajczak, effective from yesterday.

Sources close to Butler's lawyers told the Chronicle that the revocation of the resident permit came as a shock to Butler, as they had been assured just two days earlier, by the Director of Immigration, Ms Elizabeth Adjei, that there was not going to be a change to his status.

"Sources close to Butler's lawyers" read Flukey,
he handles his own publicity
:} :} :}

Seaman Staines
20th Aug 2005, 05:58
Comments about condition of D6-OZX Jan 12, 2004

No Titles .... ex Global livery, white tail at CGK

The aircraft is missing some cockpit items and the cabin is not holding up under the Jakarta humidity and temperature and it requires a load of maintenance and CPCP work to come back to flying status.

http://www.747sp.com/History.asp?22302

----------------

In worse shape now I imagine :{

Seaman Staines
25th Sep 2005, 23:35
Re : Luke Norman Butler

Flukey found! :E

"Benin Airlines" (No listing, anywhere!)

10 BP 890, Cotonou – Benin

Tel: +229 97 265 669

Sounds like Flukey's hiding behind a post box this time.

Would someone call the cops in Accra please?:ok:

Woomera
5th Oct 2005, 22:08
Happy 51st Birthday for tomorrow Flukey!!

Hatched October 7, 1954.

:E

Engineer
6th Oct 2005, 13:03
May be you should get him a present :ok: Like the latest edition of this (http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.15966/dn/monopoly/default.cfm) Ideal for the high flying executive type :ok:

Believe the travel edition could be more useful if you are on the move :}

Seaman Staines
1st Dec 2005, 06:53
Not sure where to post this as Luke Norman Butler signed up with Dupont to buy x number of ghost aircraft from John Dupont.

I'm not sure who is the bigger crook now :O

Feel free to copy and post this anywhere you like as there has been no change of info on Utilicraft's website or PR releases...

------------

Navajos Halt risky freight aircraft venture

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Following warnings about the risky business venture, the Navajo Nation halted plans to build a new freight aircraft but will proceed with the manufacture of a new environmentally-friendly construction alternative that could revolutionize the building industry.

The Navajo Nation Council Economic Development Committee decided against investing an initial $1.25 million in Utilicraft Aerospace Industries, Inc. for production of a newly-designed freight aircraft.

In New Mexico, two state agencies cautioned the Navajo Nation about the proposal after the tribe announced it was considering an investment of up to $34 million.

"The New Mexico Finance Authority cited past bankruptcies, questionable customers ( Luke Norman Butler ? ) and the chief executive officer's sizable severance package after reviewing the company's proposal."

The Finance Authority and state Economic Development Department warned the tribe to proceed with extreme caution before putting any money into the project.

During negotiations, Utilicraft said they would relocate from Georgia and build several plants on tribal land and in Albuquerque. Saying the deal could bring hundreds of high-paying jobs to the Navajo Nation, Navajo Nation President Joe Shirley Jr. signed a memorandum of understanding with Utilicraft on Dec. 8, 2004 that would have made the Navajo Nation a 25 percent equity partner in the company. However, the company said the aircraft has not received FAA approval.

After the Navajo Department of Justice researched the company, the tribe determined that the multi-million dollar investment appeared too risky because of the length of time required before the Navajo Nation would see a financial return on the investment.

''It was a good-faith effort on behalf of the Navajo Nation,'' Shirley said in a written statement. ''But there was an understanding with the company that this had to go through the Navajo Nation Council, and the first step in that process is the Economic Development Committee, and they've made their decision.''

-----------
Due diligence pays off! :}

B Sousa
1st Dec 2005, 14:06
''It was a good-faith effort on behalf of the Navajo Nation,'' Shirley said in a written statement. ''But there was an understanding with the company that this had to go through the Navajo Nation Council, and the first step in that process is the Economic Development Committee, and they've made their decision.''

Equivalent of building a Space Lab in Soweto.......

thayrd
9th Dec 2005, 22:04
when will someone stop this man?

Benin Airlines & Utilicraft Aerospace LOI for 100 Feeder Freighters

(Cotonou, Benin Africa – December 2, 2005) -– Benin Airlines, SA - Today officials of Benin Airlines SA, and Utilicraft Aerospace Industries, Inc., executed a Letter of Intent (LOI) for 100 of Utilicraft’s FF-1080-300 ER (Extended Range) Freight Feeder aircraft, with an option on an additional 100.

The initial 100 aircraft transaction is valued at $1.35 Billion USD and has been secured by an initial $5.0M good faith deposit from Benin Airlines to Utilicraft’s lawyers today.

The agreements between the two Companies grant Benin Airlines exclusive Distributorship and a Final Assembly rights for a period of 25 years.

The Distributorship Agreement appoints Benin Airlines as the exclusive FF-1080-300 distributor for Africa and specific Middle East markets, including United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Baharain, and Lebanon.

The Final Assembly Agreement will grant Benin Airlines the right to complete final assembly-kits of the Aircraft purchased by Benin Airlines.

Benin Airlines plans to locate their Final Assembly facility in either Africa, or one of the Middle East regions mentioned above.

Utilicraft will complete Final Assembly of the “kits” shipped to Benin Airlines at its planned facilities at Double Eagle II Airport in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The FF1080-300 ER version of the aircraft is the same basic airframe of the -300 currently under development by Utilicraft Aerospace, but with a 10,000 gross weight increase to 80,000 lbs. This increase will allow the Aircraft to carry additional fuel for a max range of 2,000 nautical miles including IFR reserves, with 20,000 lbs., in containers, in five A-1, A-2, or A-3 containers, or ten LD3 containers, or a combination of containers and pallets measuring 88 in. x 125 in. each.

Benin Airlines intends to operate the aircraft as feeder freighters in the growing African and Middle East airfreight markets, to offer them on wet lease ACMI basis (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance included), as well as dry lease and sale.

About Benin Airlines SA:
Benin Airlines is new airline being formed to be the first genuine low cost African airline to operate direct flights across sub-Saharan Africa and to Europe, Middle East, and the Americas commencing operations in second quarter 2006. Benin Airlines is a private company formed with an investment of $250M. Launch operations include 2 x 747-200F cargo aircraft, 2 x 747-400 and 5 x 737-300 passenger aircraft.

About Utilicraft Aerospace Industries
Utilicraft Aerospace Industries, Inc., (UAI) was formed, in 2004, to target the significant problem of addressing the overnight express, international supply chain, e-commerce, and global third party logistics entities, inability to provide effective “containerized” fulfillment and distribution in the medium haul (or feeder) route segments of air cargo. The result of the Company’s research and development is a new air vehicle, the FF-1080-300 Freight Feeder aircraft, capable of cost-effectively carrying standard industry air containers on medium range/medium density routes, combined with an on-board integrated air cargo information and tracking system.

(Utilicraft) Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this press release involve risks and uncertainties and reflect the company’s current views with respect to possible future events. Readers are cautioned that no forward-looking statement can be guaranteed and actual results or events may materially differ from those projected or anticipated. In particular, the following factors, among others, could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements: the company’s ability to obtain and fulfil contracts for the sale of products, protect intellectual property rights and manage future growth; market acceptance of future products; product supplier delays; design and engineering certification delays or denials; and the introduction of similar products by competitors. Any forward-looking statement made in this press release is made as of the date of this press release, and the company assumes no obligation to update any such forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise. Forward-looking statements in this press release should be evaluated together with the many uncertainties that affect the company’s business.

Luke Butler – President Director General Benin Airlines SA
10 BP 890, Cotonou – Benin
Tel: +229 97 265 669
[email protected]

John J. Dupont – President, CEO Utilicraft Aerospace Industries
Email: [email protected]
Direct Number: (505) 699-7848
Fax: 505-212-0296

This article was printed from www.asd-network.com.
The information resource for Global Aerospace & Defence business

Seaman Staines
9th Dec 2005, 23:09
A Letter of Intent from Butler is as worthless as his handshake.

I'm wondering now, which one is the bigger crook. :}

I guess it's one way to extend an overdraft in the USA.

This is BullShi*e and Dupont knows it.

Nice one Thayrd :O