View Full Version : News from our American friends?

Inuksuk
4th May 2005, 12:32
Up here in the Maple Leaf, we are seeking information about the potential merger of AWA, US and AC, but little is out there.

Anyone down there in the land of Uncle Sam know anything worth sharing?

Flyrr100
4th May 2005, 13:36
It's in the news, but still rumor.
Also herd Mesa was in the mix, until today when it was announced that Mesa will start flying Delta Connection wiith their CRJ700s.

bafanguy
4th May 2005, 18:52
My long time, senior USAir captain buddy says he's heard nothing about it.

KC-10 Driver
10th May 2005, 13:23
US and AWA are in advanced merger talks, supposedly. It's very much in the news. This is the first I've heard of AC being part of the equation.

Where did you get the info re. AC as a potential merger partner with the other two? I can imagine there would be many legal complications, considering that the companies are in two different countries.

Inuksuk
11th May 2005, 14:59
News of the AC involvement comes from various press sources - Wall Street Journal and the local Toronto Star to name 2 credible sources - along with internal company chitter chatter.

I possibly think "merger" might be the wrong term, and it could be a "super alliance"...

However, that said, with no 5th Freedom rights, and the channelling of international traffic through Canadian hubs, to me, at the moment, it doesn't make sense - unless there is an overhaul of open skies between Canada and the US...

junior_man
16th May 2005, 18:23
AC is interested in doing the heavy maintanance from the deal. Financing is coming from a variety of sources including $250 million from Airbus in exchange fro 20 A 350 orders. Funding from outside supposed to exceed $1 billion
Formal announcement is rumored to be on this thursday.

KC-10 Driver
17th May 2005, 19:35
AC is interested in doing the heavy maintanance from the deal. Financing is coming from a variety of sources including $250 million from Airbus in exchange fro 20 A 350 orders. Funding from outside supposed to exceed $1 billion

What junior_man wrote above was also in a Wall Street Journal article yesterday (16 May).