PDA

View Full Version : Jepps Renewal Cost

gramps
4th May 2005, 10:04
Hello,

Anyone have to renew their Jepps in the last month or so? If so - how much did they charge you?

Thanks

Gramps

AerocatS2A
6th May 2005, 12:48
$241.23 (from memory) have you had a problem?

gramps
7th May 2005, 00:13
I thought it was supposed to be $241 as well but was recently charged $267 because of an apparent GST that was being added. Just wanted to know whether other people were being charged this GST.

AerocatS2A
9th May 2005, 10:42
Hmmmm, Something is fishy there. My invoice is for $187.00 US and says to pay $241.23 Aus. There is no mention of GST and presumeably we don't pay GST because it is an overseas service. My credit card statement shows that I paid $241.23.

Stiff Under Carriage
10th May 2005, 02:30
I paid $247.73 again not GST but I did have a problem with the Canberra Office.

THE STORY: The invoice from Jeppesen is for $187.00 USD, the invoice that gets sent to you is converted to AUD at time of posting, mine was $239.36. Now between getting the invoices and actually paying the Jeppesen Office changed location from Melbourne to Canberra. Normally you'd ring up give them your Customer Number and they'd have it come up with the orginal amount. If you do not give them the number they charge you on the current exchange rate, sometimes this is beneficial as it can be less. However, when I rang them to pay they did not have the original quote and after querying this I was told the'd get back to me today, this proved not to be the case and two days later the $247.73 came out of my visa and not $239.36. I still haven't heard from them.

MY ADVICE: Be careful, as the new office I think has a whole lot of new stuff that don't know whats going on or how Jeppesen system works.

Good Luck.

blueloo
10th May 2005, 07:44
Dont go for the electronic version yet. I was promised that it would contain the Australian ASD04 Coverage by December to early January. It is also a cumbersome program for anything other than the approach charts. Poorly navigatable pdfs make it a dog of a program, that combined with no Australian text makes it woefull.

AerocatS2A
15th May 2005, 14:40
Interestingly, I have just recieved a SECOND invoice from Jeppesen in the mail. This one is for $267.41 Aus and includes GST of $24.31. Of course, being the prompt chap I am, I have already paid the FIRST invoice. I hope they don't get ugly and try and get that GST from me.

AerocatS2A
17th May 2005, 02:59
I have just spoken to Jeppesen about my second invoice. They said that the tax office is making them charge GST on Jeppesen services but that if I'd already paid the first invoice then I don't need to pay any GST.

Gramps, if the invoice they sent you did not have any GST on it, then you should not have to pay it. Perhaps you should give them a call.

SmoothCriminal
17th May 2005, 13:45
Just heard today that "Darren"from Jeppessen Australia no longer works there !! Rather a very helpful bloke. Thanks for all the help pal. Hope the replacement is as good as you.

Smoothie
:ok: :ok: