PDA

View Full Version : Airline Options

pira
4th May 2005, 03:07
Hi, everybody. I've been flying the 737 NG for the last 5 years.I also have widebody aircraft experience and all of my flight time as first oficer.Now I'm flying for an Asian Carrier and I'm looking for an european airline.I do have EU passport and would like to know which airline would you recomend me.What would be the easiest one to get into and which one would be the hardest to pass (but probably the best work conditions).I'm current on type.
Thanks for the help

pilothouse
4th May 2005, 14:29
Try www.jet2.com at Manchester or Leeds, with approx 20 737-300s. The website has the recruitment details.

Jet2 is quick and easy to get into if you are type-rated but your face must fit. The pay and conditions are not the best but the pilots seem happy. At the very least, it could make a good stepping stone and - who knows? - you might even stay.

Phileas Fogg
4th May 2005, 15:16
OK, you have an EU passport, do you have a JAA licence?

pira
5th May 2005, 12:12
Thanks guys.I'm gonna check the jet 2 site.
I'got the jaa ATPL with the same B737-800 rating.
Anyway, I'm still working in SE Asia, so I think I can go deep to find the best option for me in europe.
Regards,
:ok:

GlueBall
9th May 2005, 09:37
Why would you want to upset your lofty apple cart in asia to come to work and live in overpriced, rip-off UK land and join the many millions of residents who work their balls off every day but still live on the dole?

Oh, ...and if you must stay at a Manchester airport hotel, better make it The Bewleys where the daily internet access rate is "only" 17.50, as opposed to staying at the Radisson where the daily internet access rate is 22.50. ...You do want to stay connected to Pprune, don't you?

Nerik
9th May 2005, 10:09
The manchester Marriott hotel 5 mins away is not a bad option too. Free courtesy coach too.

Earthmover
9th May 2005, 22:04
If you have a wireless laptop, the internet is absolutely free at Bewleys - it's advertised all over the hotel. The modem cards cost, if you haven't got one.

Bit off thread. Sense of justice etc.

pira
10th May 2005, 04:45
Thank you guys!
About the reasons that make me want to live Asia and go to europe (and not save any money at all) I could say this:
come to Asia and then you will see that is better (much better) to spend your money in a country that people respect each other than to save a little bit where people can't wait until you get out of the elevator to get in.
Best Ragards,

sorry for the grammar: "...leave Asia..."