PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Airlines

No worries mate
3rd May 2005, 23:47
Anyone know how they are going? How many Fokkers do they have now? Are they recruiting, if yes who do you send a CV to?
What are they like to work for and were do the new pilots get based?

Thanks in advance

ROCKSTEADY
4th May 2005, 00:41
I was wondering if you guys at Alliance would enjoy watching 'meet the fockers' more?:E

Capn Bloggs
4th May 2005, 02:05
"Can I get a seat to Brissie?"

"Sorry Ocker, the Fokker's chokka!"

FarCu
4th May 2005, 22:37
If the way they are ripping Air Niugini off is anything to judge by, they would not be that desireable. The chief pilot has recently resigned. They were supposed to deliver the second F100 to ANG on the 6th of December but it is still in pieces in a hanger in Brisbane. Most of their pilots are not overly impressed with management. The 14 hour duty days would be hard to take. They don't have a seniority list (or if they do they certainly don't use it).
I must admit I am biased (solely based on the treatment of ANG), but they do not operate like companies that are financially secure.
I am not sure how many F100's they have at the moment.
The F100's that ANG lease from them seem to be fairly reliable and most of the guys enjoy flying them. As for getting a job with them, who knows.
Also another plus is, all they Alliance Pilots that are working/training with ANG are easy to get on with and are very competant.
I'll leave it at that, hope I don't sound to negative, but like I said, I am biased.

I failed to answer half your questions, I will make enquires for you and reply within a few days.

Moniker
5th May 2005, 08:48
goodness me, that's a bit rough ..

14 hour duty days, could that be by way of an augmented crew? That is 3 pilots and 4 F/A's? Isn't that legal?

Don't they do lots of O/S charters for lots of Govt departments? Haven't they got the Norfolk Jet Contract BN-NF-SY and return several times per week? Don't they also do FIFO from one side of the country to the other?

If most of the pilots are as you say they are, there doesn't seem to be too much recorded on these forums about the company and the dissention that you mention.

As for seniority, the old chestnut gets rolled out again. Surely just because you've served the longest it doesn't mean your right for the job. Perhaps it is merit they are using?

Could it be that the CP is heading to greener grasses? From what I have seen, there is a lot of movement around all companies, not just from Alliance.

I mean I don't know either, but crikey .. for a company that has barely rated a mention here before, you sure sunk the boot in.

I thought there were another 3 or so jets inbound .. all out of the Mahave now and in BN soonish?

As for the PX thing .. they (PX) have got 2 Alliance jets up there haven't they?

FarCu
5th May 2005, 23:12
First, my info is based on casual chat with other Pilots who are on the F100 with ANG and Alliance (and a bit rough, yes, as I stated, I am biased and don't have much time for them at all).
As for the 14 hour duty days, that is 2 crew and I'm not sure about the arrangements with CASA. I don't know wether they do Charters or not, but they certainly do operate to Norfolk.
Have they got 2 jets with Px? Yes P2-ANA on lease and various VH rego filling in for the second one that should have been delivered on the 6th of December.
As far as I know the Chief Pilot is going to another job (I assume it's an improvement).
As for seniority, yes, I agree with what you say, I was just passing the info along to NWM.
I have heard the same stories about the other aircraft from the US (Mojave). If they have that much money they should put the second Px aircraft together and fulfill their promises.
Why don't any of the Alliance guys complain on this forum if it's that bad? Maybe it's only my opinion of them that is bad, I can't answer that. Maybe some of the Skywest guys that had dealings with them could respond and give their views.

And for NWM, it would still be a good job, accumulating jet time and probably no worse than some of the GA operators. Still unsure about experience/employment requirements.

Going Nowhere
6th May 2005, 06:54
I'm not sure if Alliance still do this but hearing from a friend who formally worked there...

Crew 1: Crew BNE-NLK-SYD (Then fly QF/DJ back to BNE)
Crew 2: (Fly QF/DJ to SYD) then crew SYD-NLK-BNE.

Surely that would come under 14 hours.

ozangel
6th May 2005, 10:11
Norfolk runs 3 times a week
Sign on is at 0630, sign off is usually between 2000 and 2030, depending how late aircraft runs.
Its augmented - 3 pilots, 4 flight attendants. 1 rest sector each.
The tech crew have been swapping in sydney lately however.

Telfer runs 1 time a week
Sign on is 0945, sign off is 2245ish
Also aumented operation.

Cloncurry runs 1 time a week
BNE-TSV-CNJ-TSV-BNE
Sign on is 1145, sign off around 2245ish
Not Augmented, but picks up an extra FA in TSV for the TSV-CNJ-TSV sector due to short sector/full meal and bar service.

Thats just the brisbane flying, and plenty of adhoc charters tend to pop up ex bne also. HIR, AYQ, CNS, HTI crop up quite often.

TSV tends to be shorter 9-11hr 4 sector days, doing the mines. Exception is Friday, which last i saw was a 5 sector 12hr day ending in bne, returning 1sector home on sunday night spending sat on res in brisbane.

Tech also operate up in PNG with the PX guys still i think...

There is plenty happening - I dont think anybody really knows whats going on with aircraft. Airwork SLA has been operating most norfolk flights, and some tsv/isa trips along with a couple of charters. QQ cabin crew checked on it, however flying on Airwork AOC = requirement for only 3 cc.

The pilots are some of the best guys and girls, that i've met. Genuine, down to earth, and brilliant at their jobs. The cabin crew are a great bunch of girls and guys.

I would guess theres a bit of change in the future, conditions wise... The pilots are working together to improve conditions, and the flight attendants have all just joined the FAAA. For a while, many crew were in disbelief when rosters came out - long dutys, heaps of hours. Comes and goes really, but as cc, there can be quite a few 200hr months every now and then.

Understand they may be recruiting externally for pilots down the track.

SkySista
6th May 2005, 12:11
QQ cabin crew

forgive me if I've got this wrong/misinterpreted (just off long duty day)

QQ would be Skippers F/A's, wouldn't they? or am I reading this wrong?

And can someone tell me if my info is right - the 3 F-100's that Skywest use for RPT and FIFO are leased from Alliance, aren't they?

Sky

ozangel
6th May 2005, 12:26
Hey Skysista, QQ is the code for Alliance Airlines flights... Last time I checked anyway - i been in the dark for a bit...

FNY is leased to skywest from somewhere I think - it was operated on Alliance's AOC for a bit in the begining, but as I understand, its back on theirs now. The other two - I have no idea whether theyre leased, but they arent on Alliance's AOC as I understand it...?

Oh and to answer the question re why the pilots arent on here whining about pay and conditions - I havent really met many that are the kind to do it here. Not saying thats a good or bad thing, but they seem to be serious about improving their conditions - everyone 'seems' to be sticking together - something rare in aviation...

Crash & Burn
6th May 2005, 14:15
QQ is definately Alliance although Skippers use the Alliance reservation system thus tickets for Skippers have QQ flight numbers.

XR's 3 X F100's are not leased through Alliance.

MaxspeedSlowdown
6th May 2005, 22:50
XR's 3 X F100's are not leased through Alliance.

Search of property interest holders

SkyWest -

FNJ / FNR

DEBIS AIR FINANCE B.V. EVERT VAN DE BEEKSTRAAT 312 1118 CX SCHIPHOL AIRP., THE NETHERLANDS

FNY

WELLS FARGO BANK NORTHWEST 299 SOUTH MAIN STREET SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH 84111, USA

WINGS AIRCRAFT FINANCE INC C/- EADS DEUTSCHLAND GMBH P/CODE 81663 POSTFACH 801109, 81633 MUNICH GERMANY

Source: Link (http://www.casa.gov.au/casadata/regsearch/displayreg47.asp?VHin=&framein=all&manuin=fokker&modelin=f28&regholdin=SKYWEST+&regopin=&serialin=&num_results=10&Search=Search)

GAFA
7th May 2005, 07:52
Heard a rumour their new Chief Pilot is ex-CASA.

Moniker
18th May 2005, 21:26
I think I saw somewhere that the F100 mentioned earlier was tootling around up in PiXie land. That means ANA and ANB are now where they're supposed to be.

Any truth in there another one to be VH reg. due in country shortly?

Chimbu chuckles
21st May 2005, 03:21
GAFA that's called the CASA Two Step...it is VERY common.

Join CASA, become FOI for a operator with nice equipment, get type rated for free, issue various and sundry dispos to 'help out' and then at the first opportunity leave CASA and become direct entry captain.:rolleyes:

fruitbatflyer
21st May 2005, 08:07
C.C. while what you say is sometimes true - as in a couple of cases at NJS - I don't believe this applies to the bloke who's gone to Alliance. He retired from CASA a couple of years ago. Dunno whether the taxpayers funded a FK100 endo for him, but if they did it was a while ago.
Maybe CASA should bond their FOI's if they give 'em an expensive rating? Speak to your friendly local MP today!