PDA

View Full Version : BBC Bank of Mum and Dad

DomBBC
3rd May 2005, 13:20
Many thanks to all those who have contacted the BBC re. Bank of Mum & Dad. We are still searching for someone who would be interested in taking part in the programme so please excuse me for posting the information below again.

We're making a second series of the BBC 2 programme "Bank of Mum and Dad" - a programme that looks at personal finances and more specifically debt. The programme takes a detailed look at the finances of the people who take part & plots the quickest route back into the black.

We're particularly interested in featuring people between the ages of 21 and 35 who have possibly got themselves into debt through their passion for flying.

Has gettting into aviation meant that your bank account has gone into the red?

I'd be really grateful if you could get in touch or forward on the details below.

Alternatively, if you've got a query then please post it here & I'll do my best to answer it.

To find out more contact us today on:
Freephone 0800 032 7032
Email [email protected]
Text BOMAD & your full name to 83199
(standard text rates apply)

or visit our website:
www.bbc.co.uk/bankofmumanddad

Best wishes.

HILARY EASTER-JONES
BBC TELEVISION

T67
3rd May 2005, 22:35
Hi,

Hey fame at last !

But the most important question... How much are you paying ?

T67;)

DomBBC
4th May 2005, 09:39
The payment comes in the form of the savings you'll make by listening to the advice of our financial advisor. Depending on how much you owe it could be thousands.

We can't make payment as the show would then be a drama and not actuality.

helicopter-redeye
4th May 2005, 10:44
Has gettting into aviation meant that your bank account has gone into the red?

Surely the question is "has getting into aviation meant your bank account has stayed in the black"??

:(

Captain Ratpup
4th May 2005, 14:14
I'm in tens of thousands of pounds worth of debt but this is all borrowed from the bank. But I haven't borrowed anything from my parents. Would you still give me a look-in?

Farrell
5th May 2005, 09:55
I'm in the same situation. Haven't borrowed from parents (wouldn't ask them for the time of day in fact, as they have given me ZERO support in this endeavour!) but I owe my bank thousands and they are still willing to lend me more because i think at this stage they know that they have to be in for the long-haul (no pun intended!)

also, I am living in France at the moment so it would be a lovely holiday for you and your crew! :ok:

DomBBC
5th May 2005, 11:07
The show isn't about borrowing from Mum and Dad. It's about getting help from them after the fact.

We want people who are in any kind of debt, aged 21-35, not a full time student and not living at home. If you fit the bill and would like some help, give me a call on 01612443993

Thanks

Ratpup and Farrell please get in touch. France would be a welcome break!