PDA

View Full Version : Oxford or Jerez

boeingboeingbong
3rd May 2005, 13:13
Hello all,

I am an aspiring pilot who has been accepted on to both Oxford Air Training and Jerez (Flight Training Europe) integrated course but am in a bit of a quandary!

Can anyone shed any light on what their choice would be for training, taking into consideration job prospects and respect within the aviation community.

At the end of the day I know that it would come down to personal choice but any opinions out there would be very much apreciated.

Thanks all!

9mm
3rd May 2005, 14:06
BBB,

It is impossible to pick a winner between the two best schools in this business - you have to choose your school based on your personal circumstances.

If all you want is an opinion based solely on the two criteria of job prospects and respect within the aviation fraternity then my opinion is Oxford would be the way to go.

Good luck whatever you decide.

9mm

boeingboeingbong
3rd May 2005, 14:39
Thanks for posting a response 9mm.
Much appreciated.

arpansingla
3rd May 2005, 16:28
i reckon Oxford is your best bet with jobs.

African Drunk
3rd May 2005, 16:43
APP at Oxford is proving very successful for getting people jobs. Both good schools.

FlyUK
3rd May 2005, 20:11
i reckon Oxford is your best bet with jobs

Are you going to back that statement up with any facts? :confused:

I'm not going to say which one is best because as it has been said before, and it will be said again....IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES. That is also my answer to the integrated/modular question. You will get lots of different replies on pprune about it, and the only real way to decide is by going to the schools and deciding by yourself. Its not an easy decision, and its a lot of money, i know. Good luck with whichever you choose. p.s if you come down to Jerez look me up for a pint. ;)

AirHart
4th May 2005, 09:10
Will not try and persuade you but..... APP at Oxford was good for me.

Just my opinion. :ok:

BrakesOff
4th May 2005, 10:05
From my own experience Oxford had the edge (just stay off-site)

Taiguin
4th May 2005, 11:12
Hey Mate,

Well i'm in a similar situation of not being able to decided between the two.

I think with the introduction of the new Thomsonfly scheme at Jerez that the school is starting to show its worth amongst the airline community. A positive sign and i think the prospects of getting a job are good as time goes on there.

Granted oxford do have good contacts and manage to place plenty of people with jobs but there are a lot of people going through oxford and i'm not so sure the proportion of jobs to qualified pilots coming out of there is as great as everyone thinks. That said, if you pass your skills first time and get good averages you'll be chosen first so there is a very good chance you'd get a job.

In my personnel opinion i prefer oxford purely because they do the ground study all at once and get it out of the way. I believe jerez, although correct me if i'm wrong, do six exams whilst flight training which can be tough to do both at the same time. The oxford scenario therefore suits me and is the one i'd recommend despite the 10 grand diff!!!

Hope this helps, good luck with the whichever you choose. :ok:

Taiguin

Tallbloke
4th May 2005, 11:21
with the introduction of the new Thomsonfly scheme at Jerez that the school is starting to show its worth amongst the airline community. Interesting comment, though I am not a recruiter I think that both schools have long been held as equal, principally because they are integrated.