PDA

View Full Version : Do you know of a decent restaurant or gastro pub near Heathrow with decent car parkin

Memetic
3rd May 2005, 11:57
I have just been asked, "Do you know of a decent restaurant or gastro pub near Heathrow with decent car parking?"

The answer is no. So if anyone can suggest one I'd be greatful :D

KiloMIke
3rd May 2005, 14:51
I am told the Pheasant in Harlington is quite nice. Also the White Horse in Longford is quite nice but can be a problem to park.

if you have a car why not head into Windsor or perhaps Richmond.

PilotsPal
3rd May 2005, 15:27
How far are you prepared to travel? How much are you prepared to pay? Two of the very best restaurants in Europe are to be found in the village of Bray, the Waterside Inn and the Fat Duck. Both would require reservations some time ahead and one should assume seriously impressive bills at the end.

Both have beautiful settings and for a very, very special treat are worth every penny.

Pax Vobiscum
3rd May 2005, 15:52
The Fat Duck is now 'officially' the best restaurant in the world (http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/29/pf/goodlife/restaurants/)! For my £200, I'd prefer somewhere that didn't serve 'snail porridge' - just because something can be done, doesn't mean it should be done :yuk:

RevMan Plan
3rd May 2005, 18:44
If you have a car, White Horse in Longford is good value for money - prices are slightly high but you get loads of food.
If you like Thai, the Punch Bowl in Colnbrook (5-10 mins from T4) is good and also in Colnbrook is the Pheasant, which has a very good menu.
For Chinese, there is the new London Hong Kong restaurant off the A4.
If you want an Indian, The Sipson Tandoori is fab.

Memetic
4th May 2005, 00:02
Thanks all.

I can't believe I forgot the Waterside Inn, had a very good meal there a while back.

I'll pass on the suggestions.

Llademos
4th May 2005, 16:27
La Bettola, Colnbrook. Blue building, can't miss it.

Great Italian food, especially the fish. Friendly, too.

Ll

Jerricho
4th May 2005, 18:52
The Sipson Tandoori is fab

Agreed. However, be sure to lock your car and put valuables out of sight. Trust me on this one.

pax britanica
4th May 2005, 20:08
Mildly off topic but if the Bray restaurants are 'the best in the world ' then I am asuming world is defiend as within 5 miles of maidenhead-iwas taken to the 'Duck; by a business associate-all fine and dandy and interesting but ludicrious prices and pretentious!

In value terms the recommendations close to LHR are better pound for pound but then I guess it depends if you want to make an impression or just have something nice to eat

KiloMIke
5th May 2005, 02:07
If you do fancy the taking a few extra minutes and making the trip to Bray but dont want to pay 'fat Duck' prices try the Crown at Bray. Its a lovely pub with excellent food at reasonable prices.

Boss Raptor
6th May 2005, 18:20
The Ostrich in Colnbrook village - old style coaching inn with very good food

The pub opposite Excelsior Hotel, the 3 Pigeons? - but on both I am going back 15 years

...and of course Southall Broadway for curry :)

KiloMIke
7th May 2005, 07:41
BOSS

Its actually the 'Three Magpies' . Its not a bad place, has car parking and is only minutes from the central terminal area.